All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Disc-based games (Wii, GameCube, TG16, PS, etc.)

tabascoman77

I think you probably have too many List items to show in that menu (see https://forums.gameex.com/forums/topic/22259-pinballx-enhancementsfeatures-requests/?do=findComment&comment=206928Does it appear under Systems?

Note - you may need to enable system list in settings, these two options;

image.png.c068528407fbc8e183b52487f89dba90.png

Edited by scutters
wrong link

5 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

The "-" character should be fine. I looked at the pinballx.ini and show:

image.png

Yet TurboGrafx-16 Games does not show in System_20, Just TurboGrafx-16:

image.png

Yeah, because the Games is a group or list, I think. I have no other issues with any other system. I think it's what Scutters said: it may be that I've hit the List limit and it simply won't show up.

10 minutes ago, scutters said:

I think you probably have too many List items to show in that menu (see https://forums.gameex.com/forums/topic/22259-pinballx-enhancementsfeatures-requests/?do=findComment&comment=206928Does it appear under Systems?

Note - you may need to enable system list in settings, these two options;

image.png.c068528407fbc8e183b52487f89dba90.png

Systems are enabled and it does show there.

On 9/19/2024 at 4:41 AM, tabascoman77 said:

So I've almost gots me a working multicade setup in PBX for my son for his upcoming birthday.

BTW - Once you have things worked out, please consider making a build thread for your son's system with a quick video of it in operation and some build details (Hardware, software, systems emulated) in this subforum:

https://forums.gameex.com/forums/forum/41-gamer-rigs/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tabascoman77 said:

Yeah, because the Games is a group or list, I think. I have no other issues with any other system. I think it's what Scutters said: it may be that I've hit the List limit and it simply won't show up.

Can you post your grouplist xml as well?

6 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

What about the TG-16 xml file? Is one available?

6 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Can you post your grouplist xml as well?

I will post these both when I get home...

7 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

BTW - Once you have things worked out, please consider making a build thread for your son's system with a quick video of it in operation and some build details (Hardware, software, systems emulated) in this subforum:

https://forums.gameex.com/forums/forum/41-gamer-rigs/

I totally promise to.

• Thanks 1

Per your pinballx.ini:

[System_20]
Name=TurboGrafx-16

Please try renaming your XML to TurboGrafx-16 or change your System Name to TurboGrafx 16 to match the XML file name. Report back with your results and updated copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files for additional triage. Thanks!

7 hours ago, tabascoman77 said:

That INI is outdated. It's now TurboGrafx 16 without the dash in that PinballX.ini file. That was per a suggestion from Scutters

PinballX.ini 17.49 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks! And still not showing as a menu selection, right?

Also still need that updated log.txt file. 

9 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I have been toying around with it on my desktop and have a hunch or maybe more.

Would it be possible for you to make a quick video of your main menu with what is showing up?

I can't vid-cap it but I can give you a screenshot which is already here, I think. But I will re-up it. (Let me know if you can see the shot.)

Menu.jpg

log.txt

Just to re-cap, is the remaining issue that some system(s?) don't appear in the Lists menu (but they do appear ok in the Systems wheel)?

If so, can you disable a couple of the currently visible systems in the Lists menu as a test and take a screenshot of what you see in the menu after that. This will confirm if it is the too many items to show in that menu problem.

• Like 1

Or for testing, set it to cabinet (rotate 270 in settings) and check if it is there.  That will confirm as well if it is the too many items to show in that menu problem.

Best way for you is to use systems menu, instead of making seperate groups for system. The systems overvieuw can give a nice video and wheel as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scutters said:

Just to re-cap, is the remaining issue that some system(s?) don't appear in the Lists menu (but they do appear ok in the Systems wheel)?

If so, can you disable a couple of the currently visible systems in the Lists menu as a test and take a screenshot of what you see in the menu after that. This will confirm if it is the too many items to show in that menu problem.

TG-16 does not appear in Lists. I am assuming this is because of the list limitations of the software.

Yes, it DOES appear in Systems.

And I will guarantee that if I delete systems, TG-16 will probably end up showing up.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Or for testing, set it to cabinet (rotate 270 in settings) and check if it is there.  That will confirm as well if it is the too many items to show in that menu problem.

Best way for you is to use systems menu, instead of making seperate groups for system. The systems overvieuw can give a nice video and wheel as well

Yeah, I think I may just tell my kid to use Systems to get to it. It's all good.

• Like 1