All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MS DOS games worth playing today

uberpubert69

What DOS games do you guys think are worth playing today? Other than the obvious Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior. They don't have to be FPS games, I'm just sayin those games are obvious. I'm also aware of the Ultima series. I've just gotten into DOS (not as scary as it appears to be) and was wanting to play some classics.

Quite a few DOS deals at gog.com. Lots of good RPGs, like the various D&D and Forgotten Realms games, For RTS, Masters of Orion is a good one, and there are plenty more like it. Then there is the Wing COmmander series which has some good space sim fighting tfor their time. Of course, there is X-wing and TIE Fighter.

The ones that were on magazine cover discs! I can't tell you what they were or where they came from but they were some of the best! Shmups, platformers, metroid clones - they were awesome! :D I don't know if it's a thing, but some of them games i have stuck in my head for eternity ^_^

Put it this way - if i saw them again i would lose my sticks :P Yes that was a replacement for Shxx :)

7th Guest, X-Com UFO Defense, Scorched Earth, Dark Legions, Pool of Radiance, Star Control II, Darklands, One Must Fall 2097, Magic: The Gathering (if you can get it running right is still the best MTG card game available), Prince of Persia... this could take a while... :)

Check out www.abandonia.com or www.bestoldgames.net. And there's a ton more sites just like those that promote abandonware.

• Like 2

Check out classicdosgames.com!

More specifically, check out the freeware section. Many full version games have had their rights released by the original authors and are now legally free to own. One Must Fall 2097, for example (already mentioned), Alien Carnage, Bio Menace, Command & Conquer, Major Stryker, Tyrian 2000, and ZZT!

I also have many original Apogee full versions on floppy disk. Raptor is a good shmup, that's also on GOG.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...