All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

DMD not showing on screengrabs in Pinball X

Itchigo

Just now, Itchigo said:

Ok I was finally able to download an older version. That's a weird way of doing it, I thought it was taking me to the newest version constantly. I was trying to figure out what step I was missing.

After all this BS I finally nailed down the problem..... I tried changing the key- nothing. I tried getting the newest version, previous version- nothing. It turns out it was VP doing it! I tried another VP version and it finally gave me both screenshots. That'll teach me to upgrade lol!

Thanks to Mike da Spike and Scutters!! Both of you guys are great and I know these things can be frustrating from the other end of things. 😎

Nice.. i was just about to reply to say how totally confused i was by your issue!! :lol:

Out of interest, was it the GL version of VPX you'd updated to (i know there's issues with capturing videos for that, but i thought images would be ok)?

I don't think it was the GL. I think it was the normal 64 bit, but I don't know which revision because I have to name it PinballX.exe for my setup. If I rightclick/Properties it says 10.8.1. I'm still having DMD issues, but I now think that's the .exe also. I read somewhere about the new versions breaking flexdmd somewhere, but I don't know if it was ever fixed.

The problem is authors seem to insist on using the latest- even if it's not ready. I don't want to have to upgrade everything just to run a new table.

10.8.1 is not a correct version to use.

It's the test channeversiinl for standalone devices, but not recommended for windows devices .

Click the info tab within vp if you want to know the revision.

I just used the one you linked to and it seems the version you linked kills FlexDMD. In other words I don't have a working DMD. It's not a form to back issue, or behind anything, the DMD just doesn't come on. I'm going to post at vpf because it's a vp issue. I went all the way back to 10.8 Beta 4 without it working. Open a table (Bleach) in 10.72 and I have a dmd as normal.

LOL, I'm finally back where I started. I got my DMD working. Somehow I was missing the dmddevice64.dll. Not sure where that went since it was working before. So the only thing wrong now is the dmd not showing on screengrabs like in the first post. I'll live with it lol. Thanks guys, for all of your help.

• Like 1