All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

DMD

duv67

Hello,
Sorry for the last interrupted post. But I will have more time tomorrow to resolve my problem. 
I remind you that I had a problem displaying the dmd on the Mandalorian table only when launched by pinballx. 
By launching with visual pinball no problem.

I followed your advice and therefore updated the B2S server to version 2.0.3.
After this update still no problem displaying the dmd with a launch by visual pinball but this time by launching by pinballx 
no moredmd on any table.

Thanks for your advices.

PinballX.ini log.txt

6 minutes ago, duv67 said:
Hello,
how to attach a video and what maximum weight should it be?

thanks

Good point, i can't remember what the attachment file size limit is, pictures would probably do instead.

Launch Mandalorian from PinballX, then ALT+TAB take a picture, then try and set focus to the virtual DMD take a picture then too (is the DMD visible anywhere, if it is is it black?). 

Please also attach the Pinballx log.txt file and the FlexDMD.log file (from your visual pinball folder) and your dmddevice.log and dmddevice.ini files from your visual pinball\vpnimame folder, after that table launch and exit.

Strange issue!

24 minutes ago, duv67 said:
Hello,
how to attach a video and what maximum weight should it be?

thanks

Link on youtube can also be added.  But if yiu record with obs studio (without sound), de videos will be compressed as well. 

In the bottum of the editor, there is an attach option and shows the  'max total size' to attach

Thanks for the files and images. Not seen the virtual DMD show up like in your image before, stranger still as the flexdmd log looks like it's working ok.

One thing stands out though, what is this app?

image.thumb.png.8fc90fe12091119313a2c50b00399b08.png

Is that a Norton icon? Normally i'd ignore it but the PinballX log is still showing;

09:48:44.15  20/10/2023:  Found PinMAME ROM: genie

.. and that's after launching mandalorian which doesn't use a rom.

Can you try disabling 'Genie' and try again (launch Manadalorian from PinballX), and attach a new pinballx log.txt file as well as the DmdDevice.log file from the vpinmame folder (not the DmdDevice.log.config file) 

9 minutes ago, scutters said:

Thanks for the files and images. Not seen the virtual DMD show up like in your image before, stranger still as the flexdmd log looks like it's working ok.

One thing stands out though, what is this app?

image.thumb.png.8fc90fe12091119313a2c50b00399b08.png

Is that a Norton icon? Normally i'd ignore it normally but the PinballX log is still showing;

09:48:44.15  20/10/2023:  Found PinMAME ROM: genie

.. and that's after launching mandalorian which doesn't use a rom.

Can you try disabling 'Genie' and trying again (launch Manadalorian from PinballX), and attach a new pinballx log.txt file as well as the DmdDevice.log file from the vpinmame folder (not the DmdDevice.log.config file) 

Genie is also a legit ROM name for a wide body Gottlieb table. Was this table launched during testing?

If so will probably need to get another copy of the log files immediately after launching the Mandalorian table again. Just a observation/suggestion.

Odd that a wifi program would show as a ROM name.

1 hour ago, duv67 said:
Genie is an application that manages my wifi key.
The problem existed long before installing this application.

It may be unrelated (probably is). Do you know when the problem started (or was it just always the case with some tables?)

1 hour ago, duv67 said:

I think I will uninstall pinballx and reinstall it. What do you think ?

Hold off on that for now

Please do this;

1 hour ago, scutters said:

Can you try disabling 'Genie' and try again (launch Manadalorian from PinballX), and attach a new pinballx log.txt file as well as the DmdDevice.log file from the vpinmame folder (not the DmdDevice.log.config file) 

Why?

1. I want to see if it does clear that Genie bit from the PinballX log or not
  2. I really want to see the dmdevice.log file after the issue

@duv67 a couple of other things to confirm please. Is PinballX running under any windows compatibility mode, and im windows display options are you running with scaling set to 100% (see https://forums.gameex.com/forums/topic/27475-flexdmd-problem-with-pinballx/?do=findComment&comment=211382)

'm i sorry but I started the reinstallation before the meal. After three days, I got tired of searching!!!
Not sure that this will solve my problem, otherwise we will be back to the starting point and we will pick up where we left off!

i  confirm PinballX running under any windows compatibility mode, and im windows display options are you running with scaling set to 100%

6 hours ago, duv67 said:

I don't have a DmdDevice.log file in the visual pinball/VPinMame folder !

Sorry, after you restore your backup can you check and see if it's in your Visual Pinball folder (after the usual launch of Mandalorian from PinballX). If it is attach that, the FlexDMD.log file from the same location and the PinballX log.txt file (and also let us know if Genie was disabled during the test).

Do the 3 problem tables have anything in common, are they all pup pack tables?

As mentioned, I had abandoned the tables which were causing problems due to lack of time. 
I finally had to start from a disk image to have a healthy configuration. 
I reinstalled the tables which were causing a DMD problem and miraculously it is present when launched by pinballx. 
We'll never know what the problem was!