All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Unable to exit emulator

misfit

I'm also seeing the issue about not being able to exit the emulator when running PinballX. I have both the Quit and Exit Emulator mapped to the Esc key. I have another cabinet I have had setup with PinballX for years and running the same version. It does not exhibit this exit issue. I'm really stumped at this point as to what could be causing this behavior.

log.txt SetupWizard.log XDMDlog.txt PinballX.ini

5 hours ago, misfit said:

I'm also seeing the issue about not being able to exit the emulator when running PinballX. I have both the Quit and Exit Emulator mapped to the Esc key. I have another cabinet I have had setup with PinballX for years and running the same version. It does not exhibit this exit issue. I'm really stumped at this point as to what could be causing this behavior.

Are you using buttons or a keyboard when testing, is it the same behaviour with both?

4 hours ago, scutters said:

Are you using buttons or a keyboard when testing, is it the same behaviour with both?

I was testing with both buttons and keyboard - same results. Interestingly, I tried running PinballX as Administrator after posting last night and things now work as expected. The weird thing is I don't think I am running PinballX as Admin on my other long-established cab and have never seen this issue. Both are running Windows 10 and are setup fairly similarly. Odd...

I'm not running pbx or any other program on my cabinet  as admin as well.

I have set "full exclusive fullscreen mode" set in vpx (i didnt see that in your log file). Check if visual pinball is set to run as admin.

Also avoid any setting like running as windows vista/xp etc.

@misfit I am not sure if this helps but I seem to recall that if you are not running PinballX as administrator, you should not run the emulators as administrator either. Is it possible that VPX is being run as administrator and you achieved parity when you set PinballX to run the same?

42 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

@misfit I am not sure if this helps but I seem to recall that if you are not running PinballX as administrator, you should not run the emulators as administrator either. Is it possible that VPX is being run as administrator and you achieved parity when you set PinballX to run the same?

I don't think VPX is running as admin. But I will definitely double-check. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

I'm not running pbx or any other program on my cabinet  as admin as well.

I have set "full exclusive fullscreen mode" set in vpx (i didnt see that in your log file). Check if visual pinball is set to run as admin.

Also avoid any setting like running as windows vista/xp etc.

Yes, I do have the "Force exclusive Fullscreen Mode" option enabled in VPX.

2 hours ago, misfit said:

I don't think VPX is running as admin. But I will definitely double-check. Thanks.

Whelp. That appears to be it. I didn't think VPX was running as admin...but it was. I switched to running nothing as admin and made sure VPX had "Force exclusive Fullscreen Mode" enabled. Now everything appears to be working as expected for auto-start and being able to quit the emulator with the ESC button/key. Thanks everyone for forcing me to validate all that.

• Like 3