All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

February 7 - 46 GAMES LEAVING XBOX 360 MARKETPLACE

Draco1962

45 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

And this is why I absolutely refuse to buy digital downloads.

I have less of a problem with purchases from Gog.com as long as you are able to save the install media without an online dependency.

It said if you buy/own the game (digital) you can still get the game from their marketplace/cloud.  You just won't be able to buy it.  But yea, digital sucks with this.  Physical copies you physically own and will always be able to buy.  Personally, I don't understand their motives.  If you can still get the game if you bought it before, why disable the ability to buy it now?  Aren't companies like this built to MAKE SELLS?

Probably costs more to support and provide space than they are still taking in in actual purchases. 

If you were to throw 50 cents at me but I had to spend a dollar to collect it, then it's not worth my time taking your money.

23 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I have less of a problem with purchases from Gog.com as long as you are able to save the install media without an online dependency.

And this is why I support GoG. I have stuff they no longer carry but I downloaded it at the time of purchase. I have it saved on my PC as well as both of my backups. GoG games will never disappear. :)

As for the rest I stand by my statement. Every company is literally a cost-saving decision away from not selling it anymore but still allowing you to download it again to not even being able to download it anymore because it costs us money to maintain the data and hardware.

No thanks. :)

On 2/8/2023 at 9:39 PM, ClassicGMR said:

And this is why I support GoG. I have stuff they no longer carry but I downloaded it at the time of purchase. I have it saved on my PC as well as both of my backups. GoG games will never disappear. :)

As for the rest I stand by my statement. Every company is literally a cost-saving decision away from not selling it anymore but still allowing you to download it again to not even being able to download it anymore because it costs us money to maintain the data and hardware.

No thanks. :)

That's concerning, some stuff I haven't downloaded.  I wasn't aware they pulled purchases like that.

15 hours ago, tthurman said:

That's concerning, some stuff I haven't downloaded.  I wasn't aware they pulled purchases like that.

Either that was misunderstood or I said it wrong. GoG has most definitely not done that. I am looking at my account right now and Unreal Gold, for example, is still available to download but they don't sell it anymore.

Sorry! I'll try and explain myself better. :)

I do not use GoG Galaxy so when I go get a game I don't use their front end. I like GoG because when I download the game I download the whole game. It's not just an installer that relies on their server to be up and running. There's no files that reside on their side I will no longer have access to if they decide to get rid of anything. When you download it, you get everything. On my PS3, for example, if they decide to shut down their servers even for people that already purchased a game how would I get it?