All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Deal of the Day - Arcade1Up - The Simpsons 30th Edition Arcade with matching stool and Tin

tthurman

I know there's not a lot of interest in these here, but this price has to make you wonder if:

A:  This title just isn't selling well

B:  Perhaps this home arcade fad is running out of steam

I would think this would be a popular model for them.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-the-simpsons-30th-edition-arcade-with-matching-stool-and-tin/6471758.p?skuId=6471758

The desire has definitely been sated for the general market. We're sitting on a ton of these in our backroom at work (Walmart) and haven't sold ANY - not one - in months. I'm still waiting for corporate to drop the price so we can get rid of them. There's a PacMan One-Up machine we've had on the floor for 2 years. The inventory tag is from January 2021. Box is perfect but no one wants it.

From what I have seen, the CPs take a beating from customers and wear is apparent with scuffs through the graphics to the base, missing knobs, etc. 

That doesn't sell along with the prices which have gone up quite a bit.

On the plus side but only for those of us with the chops for modding and familiar with Raspberry Pi, a used system can be refurbed and playable games expanded beyond.

8 hours ago, tthurman said:

History is destined to repeat, a great deal of these things will almost certainly be heading to the landfills in the not to distant future.

Why? Are they releasing a 1-UP Atari 2600 E.T. cabinet? :lol:

• Haha 1