All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN DEVELOPMENT] Can someone provide a Visual Studio template in C# for PinballX plugin ?

jejegameex

To be honest, I think I looked at the template  just onestime and that was years ago. But I thought that the template just contains the functions that could be used and not depending to a .net version ?

Besides Tom who knows more about the plugin template, I think @scuttersknows a lot about the templates as well

I'm pretty sure all the plugins i've done i've changed the runtime to .net 4. Seems to fairly universally installed and will work with pinballx .net core & legacy (32/64bit) versions.

I guess it wouldn't take much to convert the plugin template to C# via online converters, but if you choose to go with .net core then any plugins won't be backward compatible with legacy pinballx

OK, I understand how to create a plugin. It's simple, no need to add references...

The process :
- Create a new project for make a .dll
- Add a class named Plugin
- Add methods like Name, Version... for the description of the plugin
- Add events methods like Input_Keyboard...

Plugin Manager.exe see my plugin, it's good !
So I'll try to create one in .net framework 4.

• Like 1