All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PS5 & X-BOX SX IN STOCK...For 0.2ms!!!

RIP-Felix

Wallmart was to have stock at 9pm ET today . Waited using the navy master clock, was logged in, shipping and payment info updated, ready to go. I clicked refresh at the stroke of 9pM ET and...to cart (click)...loads, errors...Try again, loads, errors, try again...went on like that until I got the out of stock alert, having never being able to add it to my cart. Same with the XBox series X, which I was also trying to add in another tab.

I'd say it was over in less than 1 minute, but who am I kidding...it was over before I even logged in. I guess my high speed internet, zero lag monitor, gaming PC, and mouse are no match for the trigger finger of binary algorithms. There never was a chance. The bots are faster and more tenacious than us mere mortals.

The only advantage we coporials had was waiting in line outside a brick and mortar. Alas, the coronavirus took that away.

You got 'botted. :(

There's a group of resellers - ONE group of resellers - that has at least 3500 consoles put aside to scalp. They used pre-orders and bot software to flood the checkout on websites so there's almost no way you can actually cash out before they do.

3 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

You got 'botted. :(

There's a group of resellers - ONE group of resellers - that has at least 3500 consoles put aside to scalp. They used pre-orders and bot software to flood the checkout on websites so there's almost no way you can actually cash out before they do.

I heard that one of the bot groups bought up a bunch of the Xbox One Xs instead of Xbox Series X preorders! If so, Karma's a bitch! How do they come forward to request refunds without exposure?

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2020 at 11:39 AM, Draco1962 said:

I heard that one of the bot groups bought up a bunch of the Xbox One Xs instead of Xbox Series X preorders! If so, Karma's a bitch! How do they come forward to request refunds without exposure?

I saw on the news that one guy admitted he was in line at a brick and mortar wallmart just to resell it for $800 and make a quick $200 profit. There needs to be a law to prevent this type of extortion. I don't see how it's not a clear case of price gouging, but aparantly bot-buying and what that guy was doing is not illegal. So stores can't turn them over to the cops even if they expose themselves when asking for refunds. Stores have quantity limits per customer so they can at least refuse to honor refund requests in excess of the limit. This doesn't punish the guy who needed a quick $200, but the bot scalpers will be stuck with all the rest and have to pay the bill.

This is probably one reason MS continues their stupidly confusing naming scheme. It also makes searching for roms on the internet more difficult.