All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Since PinballX 4.63 I can't see my custom Lists

jejegameex

According to the log I see the following custom databases :

Loading Custom Database: MAME Driving
18:53:59.24  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: MAME Fighting and Wrestling
18:53:59.27  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: MAME Horizontal
18:53:59.40  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: MAME Maze
18:53:59.42  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: MAME Misc
18:53:59.42  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: MAME Multiplay
18:53:59.43  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: MAME Platform
18:53:59.45  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: MAME Puzzle
18:53:59.47  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: MAME Shooter
18:53:59.53  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: MAME Sports
18:53:59.56  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: MAME Vertical
18:53:59.62  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: Visual Pinball 995 anciennes
18:53:59.63  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: Visual Pinball 995 originales
18:53:59.63  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: Visual Pinball X anciennes
18:53:59.66  01/10/2020:  Loading Custom Database: Visual Pinball X originales

You don't see any of those, or you miss some custom databases?

I see only the following entries : Most Played, Last Played, Recently Added, and All Tables. I don't see my custom lists.

I had PinballX version 4.54 before, next 4.63 and 4.65.

I have a backup of the version 4.54 : it works fine : I see the lists. I compared the files between the two version and I don't see a problem.

Another remark : I have lost paths defined in the file pinemhi.ini (for nvram and fpram folders).

8 hours ago, jejegameex said:

Another remark : I have lost paths defined in the file pinemhi.ini (for nvram and fpram folders).

The pinemhi.ini (in the Pinballx folder)should contain the following information (don't change anything !)

[paths]
VP={path to Visual Pinball}\nvram\
FP={path to Future Pinball}\fpram\

If you use Pinemhi Leaderboard, please install it in a different directory !

8 hours ago, jejegameex said:

I see only the following entries : Most Played, Last Played, Recently Added, and All Tables. I don't see my custom lists.

I had PinballX version 4.54 before, next 4.63 and 4.65.

I have a backup of the version 4.54 : it works fine : I see the lists. I compared the files between the two version and I don't see a problem.

Can you zip your pinballx\Database directory and attach it ? So I can check it with your files ?
I still have my custom lists (I only have 2)

I don't understand : I try this :

I recreated the version 4.54 from my backup, and lists work. It also works when I copy the folder Databases from version 4.65 to 4.54 !

But when I upgrade 4.54 to 4.65 : I lost my lists in the menu.

I try to create empty XML, or add a custom XML into Databases folder of an original system (because all mys systems are "Other systems") : it doesn't work.

I will try a new install of PinballX, and add my databases step by step.

I test a new install of PinballX 4.65, and I added an .xml file (with just one another game) in Databases/Visual Pinball : the custom list don't appear in the menu.

With PinballX Database manager, customs lists are detected. They are also detected with Game Manager.

It seems that PinballX detects lists differently.

OK here my databases files, but with a fresh install, I have also the problem.

Remark : the file MAME Vertical.xml create an error in PinballX Database Manager, I see the problem later.

Reminder : I don't use original systems, only "Others systems" for choose the version I want for Visual Pinball.

Thank You.

Databases.zip

I think you discovered a bug , euh .. feature ;) 
With your database file and config file, I could reproduce it.
It took me a long time to identify it to get it work (with your Ini and database zip file) :

image.thumb.png.2c975c86f9eb33edf4a690a3444c13bc.png

In the Databases\Groups folder I created a file called Dummy.xml with the following content :

<group name="Dummy">
    <database>Visual Pinball\Visual Pinball</database>
    <database>Visual Pinball X\Visual Pinball X</database>
</group>

This creates a group list that combines the 2 XML files (It was just for testing that I took those)
After adding this, I was able to see your custom files.

removing this file results in:

image.thumb.png.7d2f6439d2ebd83bc58daeb4a840ea8a.png

@Tom Speirs, Is this a feature that you can solve in codelog_without_Dummy_file.txt ?
Attached 2 log files, but both shows the same. 

@jejegameex A couple of XML files has an error in it
Not sure if PinballX can handle it, but Database manager cannot read the following XML's and mention the line and position nr that are incorrect :

ERROR: GetDatasetFromXMLFile	Database: [C:\Pinball\PinballX\Databases\MAME\MAME Horizontal.xml] contains unreadable characters. Error :The 'type' start tag on line 7 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'genre'. Line 7, position 30.
ERROR: GetDatasetFromXMLFile	Database: [C:\Pinball\PinballX\Databases\MAME\MAME Vertical.xml] contains unreadable characters. Error :The 'type' start tag on line 7 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'genre'. Line 7, position 31.
ERROR: GetDatasetFromXMLFile	Database: [C:\Pinball\PinballX\Databases\Visual Pinball 995\Visual Pinball 995.xml] contains unreadable characters. Error :Unexpected end tag. Line 605, position 3.
ERROR: GetDatasetFromXMLFile	Database: [C:\Pinball\PinballX\Databases\Visual Pinball PhysMod5\Visual Pinball PhysMod5.xml] contains unreadable characters. Error :Unexpected end tag. Line 29, position 3.

I would recommend to check this and fix this as well

log_with_dummy_file..txt

43 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Thanks Tom. In our company the developers doesn't have bugs in there programs,  but they call it a"un documented feature" 

Yeah, I know, sorry buddy. Appreciate your kindness on the matter!

@Tom Speirs
I didn't hav time to check earlier, but did it today
Is it still in debug mode  ?
Launching it, it shows for my custom lists a poup with the name :

image.thumb.png.7c06bfa3fb6bf39b94ff77a074e274f5.png

(Yes I also create recently added xml files, but these contains different tables than  PinballX has :) )  
When having this popup multiple times, PBX is starting normal.
Going to the lists, it normally combines the lists with the same names ( I always used that), but now it shows it multiple times in my list:

image.thumb.png.c4ae4dcb19d2a528266b7c62c76bda96.png

Can this be fixed as we had in all the previous versions ?

EDIT :
This only happens when not having a group xml
When having a groups XML that combines my Visual pinball tables it shows correctly (maybe it was the same in the previous version)

<group name="Visual Pinball">
	<database>Visual Pinball 9\Visual Pinball 9.xml</database>
	<database>Visual Pinball\Visual Pinball.xml</database>
	<database>Visual Pinball (P-ROC)\Visual Pinball (P-ROC).xml</database>
</group>

image.thumb.png.1bcf4d10fa2f393340666eeaf5cca876.png

So maybe ignore the last part, but remove the popups that shows the custom database during launch :)