All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] PinballX Database Manager 24.10.11.0 (supports Touch Play as well)

Mike_da_Spike

39 minutes ago, Denys06 said:

I prefer to have the real DMD of the tables that are displayed in Pinball X but thanks anyway for the information on your program ;)

You need to create your own via freezy's dmddevice.dll.
An idea will be : Modify your DMDdevice.ini and set the video section enabled = true and a path

[video]

; if enabled, writes frames to an .avi file
enabled = true

; path to folder or .avi file. if folder, gamename.avi is used.
path = C:\tmp

This will create an AVI for the period your Table is running with the rom name.

Do this for a couple of seconds that you want , and stop the table, rename the AVi to the table file and put it in the DMD color video directory.

• Like 1

Hello, for a few days I can no longer capture the Backglass video of my tables. The playfield is captured very well but not the Backglass.

1654149427_Sanstitre-2.thumb.png.85ceddca84b8cb221d2c47cf840ecf09.png
I've updated PinUPSystem since last time and I can't find why capturing through your program no longer works.
All my backglasses work fine during capture, but the video doesn't record :(

Here is the log file : log.txt

Can you help me find the cause of this problem please? thank you in advance

This is caused you have filematching enabled  in the settings of pinballx.

This option will use media in pinballx where the name looks like a file.

Databasemanager only uses exact matches of the filename.

It is showed as warning in your action log whem DBM is launching (double click on it to get the complete actionlog)

Action Log Update - ATTENTION : La correspondance des fichiers est activée dans PinballX. Les résultats des médias ne correspondent pas forcément à ce que vous verrez dans le front end. Suggestion - Annuler la correspondance des fichiers dans PinballX

This causes that you dont see the backglass in Databasemanager,  but properly is showed in pbx. This option could also give wrong media in backend

Here is the file you asked for : C:\PinballX\log\log.txt

I have the impression that the capture of backglass does not even start.

EDIT : I just tested the capture of the Backglass without the playfield, and in this situation the table loads and closes immediately without delays or error messages.

On 3/26/2022 at 11:16 PM, Denys06 said:

1654149427_Sanstitre-2.thumb.png.85ceddca84b8cb221d2c47cf840ecf09.png

I think the above showed it, but because it is French, i didnt realize it, so sorry for that.

Your pinballx showed 

13:37:01.47 28/03/2022: Not Hide Backglass!

You have unchecked to hide the backglas, that means it shows the backglass from pbx during play. So nothing to record. Check this again and test

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

I think the above showed it, but because it is French, i didnt realize it, so sorry for that.

Your pinballx showed 

13:37:01.47 28/03/2022: Not Hide Backglass!

You have unchecked to hide the backglas, that means it shows the backglass from pbx during play. So nothing to record. Check this again and test

You found the solution and it works again, congratulations!

I wonder if it is possible that you update your software in the future so that we can check the box "hide the backglasses" to do it on all tables at the same time and not one by one ?

Indeed I like to leave the backglass activated so that it continues to be displayed when loading the tables, and if I want to capture the videos I have to check and uncheck the box on all my tables it's quite long and this option would be useful. Thanks again for your help, you are good.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Denys06 said:

I wonder if it is possible that you update your software in the future so that we can check the box "hide the backglasses" to do it on all tables at the same time and not one by one ?

Well, maybe we can do that. But if all the tables are like this, you must check the settings. There is somewhere an option for default tables.

So new tables would have that setting.

An option will be to open the file in notepad++,, do a find and replace

36 minutes ago, Denys06 said:

you are good.

Thanks ! Not good, but helping others

Hello,

Yes, but precisely I want to deactivate the option when I capture videos and I want to reactivate it when I play at the table.

I know the edition under notepad but I find it longer to do than by the simple key on the software;) If this addition of functionality can be managed in the software that would be cool for the speed of modification of the database file and the adding captured videos. See you soon

1268487178_Sanstitre-3.thumb.png.dc66f68448a7fcfd2fae6b6994e473b6.png

3 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

So you want not the real backglass duringbplay, but only the recorded backglass ?

Maybe a stupid question: why ? :blink:

Think i can answer that one Mike, it's to avoid the black backglass screen during table loading. Once the table loads the backglass then loads on top of the video. 

1 hour ago, scutters said:

Think i can answer that one Mike, it's to avoid the black backglass screen during table loading. Once the table loads the backglass then loads on top of the video. 

Yes that's exactly it :)
Leaving the backglass in the background never interferes with the display of the real backglass during the game and it makes the interface prettier when loading the table.

2 minutes ago, Denys06 said:

Yes that's exactly it :)
Leaving the backglass in the background never interferes with the display of the real backglass during the game and it makes the interface prettier when loading the table.

Nice ! 

Good one @scutters, thats why you have the brains  (and do I have the good looks ?)  

• Haha 1

• Mike_da_Spike changed the title to [APP] PinballX Database Manager 22.04.21.0 (supports Touch Play and PBX W7/Vista version as well)

Very strange week for me. Planning was to release this a couple of days sooner, but sometimes the day will go different as you planned 

As always, this is a team project from @scuttersand myself, so also a big thanks to him for helping the last couple of years to develop Databasemanager to the product it is right now.

And still we find extra features to add and make it more easy to use, thanks buddy ! I really appreciate your help on this 

I made a video (no Voice over as Scutters didn't want to do it :P ), from installing the new version with the new features.
I realized when I just uploaded the new version, that I didn't have anything to show how Video rotation is working.

This is especially for people that download/import playfield videos that are rotated incorrectly.
option is easy. Right click on the PF video, and rotate the video, so it match to how PinballX wants to present it

image.png.092125108483e5219f6f19621a2b2466.png

Some other options I have tried to show in the video next video :

at 1:25, I show the multiline option for the comments. Very handy if you want to add some notes per table
at 2:15 I show an option that it can record the backglass video, even when you have unselected 'Hide during game'.
By default PinballX will skip recording this. when the checkbox is unselected.
When you unselect the "hide during game", the backglass video/image will be showed during launch as well
thanks to @Denys06who wanted this feature
at 4:20 I show that you can add Backglass images and use of backglass videos.
With this option, it plays the video during PinballX, starting the game, will show the image and when table is loaded, the Directb2s file is on top, so almost a seamless start of a table.
thanks to @MrGrynchthat found this function that Scutters and I where not aware of
at 5:30 I start PinballX to show how it looks to have the image and videos

The part of backglass recording and backglass image is the same behaviour for Topper and DMD as well

Again, thanks to @scutterswho is a great help for adding functionality to DBM !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I recently migrated to a fresh W10 install after many years and did a pinballx and db manager install fresh over my old copied directories.  Everything picked up my old prefs, so everything looked fine but I realized  my ftp was not working.

My password won't save and I noticed this error in the logs:

4/23/2022 4:20:32 PM : ERROR: Decrypt    Key not valid for use in specified state.

4/23/2022 4:20:32 PM : Action Log Update - INFORMATION : PinballX Core version found 5.41 x64

I get the same error in the UI logs every time I enter my password and then close the settings dialog.

Then I restored my old registry that id have the encrypted password but I still get the error.

Any Ideas?

DBManagerLog.txt

Just now, johnwillsey said:

Hi, I recently migrated to a fresh W10 install after many years and did a pinballx and db manager install fresh over my old copied directories.  Everything picked up my old prefs, so everything looked fine but I realized  my ftp was not working.

My password won't save and I noticed this error in the logs:

4/23/2022 4:20:32 PM : ERROR: Decrypt    Key not valid for use in specified state.

4/23/2022 4:20:32 PM : Action Log Update - INFORMATION : PinballX Core version found 5.41 x64

I get the same error in the UI logs every time I enter my password and then close the settings dialog.

Then I restored my old registry that id have the encrypted password but I still get the error.

Any Ideas?

DBManagerLog.txt 3.77 kB · 0 downloads

oh, if i paste in my PW and click test, the test session works.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm running PinballX in a very basic configuration. Single Screen and using only Visual Pinball tables.

I decided to add one VP9 table to my list because the VPX version of "Strike 'N Spares (Gotlieb 1995)" doesn't run properly and starts to slow down badly if you try to play more than 1 game.

As a result of adding this VP9 table every time I launch the manager I get the warning about an obsolete table. The VP9 version of Strike N' Spares is "obsolete". Is there anyway I can edit the xml or do something else to ignore that table in regards to possible updates? Despite there being a VPX version it's not an update because it doesn't work properly.

I know this is probably an edge case cause I googled this thread for "obsolete" and didn't find anything. I would just ignore it, but obviously I'm incapable of that, lol.

Thanks for your time!