All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ RESOLVED ] no really a PBX isuue but ...

simbamame

ok so im not really sure if this a PBX issue but lets give it a go...ok so i have FX2 and FX3 installed in my pincab, when i load an FX2 table it loads in like 5 seconds, fx3 on the other hand takes like 2 minutes and 40 seconds..any body else have the same issue  or did and if so did you find a work around... just to mention im playing offline and not via steam. Its got so frustrating that ive re XMLed all my old fx2 tables back into the system.

AS always any help greatly appreciated.

settings included.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

pinball fx3 is new so probably more demanding than pfx2 so not weird that it loads slower. However pfx3 has problems when there is a lot of load on their servers signing you in. If that's the culprit the -offline parameter might work but none of your scores will be submitted then of course.

I checked today my cab, but from the launch to the totally load of pfx3 table takes 25 seconds (and because I didn't launch it for a while, it did a check on steam too)

I use also the steam version as Scutter mentiod (without the -offline)

image.png.cf0df956c72a8ef450f4e41e38f1b793.png

4 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

I checked today my cab, but from the launch to the totally load of pfx3 table takes 25 seconds (and because I didn't launch it for a while, it did a check on steam too)

I use also the steam version as Scutter mentiod (without the -offline)

image.png.cf0df956c72a8ef450f4e41e38f1b793.png

What happens if you start Steam with Windows before stsrtibg PinballX?

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

What happens if you start Steam with Windows before stsrtibg PinballX?

Don't get me wrong Draco, but I don't complain about the speed. I think 25 seconds is fine for me. Some VPX tables also take that time.

Compared to @simbamame my FX3 is launching very "fast"

btw .Wasn't aware that I could launch steam on windows and have the tables launch after that. what would be the launch statement from Pinballx (just to try it)?

EDIT :

Tested it again with the offline option. Now it starts in 15 seconds (and got already visual from fx3 after 8 seconds)

in offline mode the game does not try to log you in in their servers (but i'm not sure it does it with commandline parameters). The game has a huge problem when the load is high (a lot of players starting / playing pinball fx3) I've seen topics about it on official forums on reddit and steam and they span multiple systems (ps4 / xbox one). I think if you use the -offline switch it does not try to do that and you can circumvent that problem (i think)

see https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?37173-super-long-load-times-on-xbox-one
other topics can be found about it

I also let steam launch on windows startup, if steam is not running i think it will first start steam client before running the game so the first time after a boot it might take longer than second time (when client is already running). Steam has option to let it run directly when windows boots and automatically log you in i think.

However i do not use offline switch because i want my scores submitted, but it can make a difference in load times

7 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

.Wasn't aware that I could launch steam on windows and have the tables launch after that. what would be the launch statement from Pinballx (just to try it)?

in steam options under interface select "start steam when i boot / startup computer". It will start steam on boot. What i also do is entered my credentials and make them be remembered so i autologin to steam although i'm not sure this last part is needed. It's not an extra or different command you do, you just let steam start on windows boot.

Dutch version screenshot of the setting
image.png.b48f77aab66c489c70e22b34ee9cf958.png

could this be a / the problem ?
screenshot from his logfile:

1144172254_simbamamelog.png.4ad921dd07ff00b734f37019c271eea0.png

when i launch by directly executing pinball fx3.exe (from steam version) i always have to confirm if want to launch it with those extra parameters in steam client. It's also very weird that you just pass UNIVERSAL_ET and not -table_UNIVERSAL_ET as it should be at least in very last steam version. Also -applaunch is a steam.exe parameter not pinball fx3.exe parameter

Could you try letting it launch steam.exe directly using following parameters:

-applaunch 442120 -offline "-table_[TABLEFILE]"

i'm not even sure which pinball fx3 version you try to run, is it a very old, not updated steam version as i have never seen pinball fx3 be able to run with these parameters (at least not steam version which is last version with me)

only for reference data (i also don't have problem with the speed it takes to load the game / see the table), I just tested on my cabinet also, i temporary removed my launcher to select hotseat / classic modes :

parameters=-applaunch 442120 -class "-table_[TABLEFILE]"

manually timed with stopwatch before i see table starting timer as soon as i pressed "play game": 11.70 seconds (i see backglass and hear music of pfx3 sooner than i see table)

Log file:
2140159824_pfx3withoutoffline.thumb.png.871037c696ffe928d905fc02518345ac.png

so it seems (when manually timed) i see the table earlier before pfx3 finds the process itselve. i also notice this when pressing quit button to quickly instead of quiting i see pause menu of pfx3 but anyway got no problem with that.

-applaunch 442120 -class -offline "-table_[TABLEFILE]"

manually timed with stopwatch before i see table starting timer as soon as i pressed "play game": 11.89 seconds (so it remains the same in my case, although i do have ethernet connection not wifi on cabinet)

Log file:

1993180788_pfx3withoffline.thumb.png.2e28ab2d25a32a41cf934c026375d08c.png

so in both cases about 15 seconds before process is detected and 11 seconds before i see table (when manually timed)

when looking at the log from @simbamame i see pfx3 is detected in 13 seconds after launch system. So the game is already running and detected yet tables seem to load very slow.  One thing that could influence it (but not certain) if this is not always the same time is offline parameter. Although it seems the game has problems loading the table itselve as the process is detected early on but he has to wait 2minutes 40 seconds before seeing something.

Things that could have an influence all the time:
antivrus / defender (i got no antivirus on my cab and defender is disabled)
Hard disk used (ssd / non ssd etc) 
maybe but not sure (windowed vs fullscreen mode)

Things i would try:

• run same command from a cmd (doslike) prompt as what pinball x executes (check log file) and time it (is it the same as when doing it from pinballx ?)
  • run game manually from steam.Exe and see how long it takes for a table to load when selecting it from the main menu before you can play it (although this might be a very bad test, because if pinballx tries to connect to servers also when using command line parameters to launch table directly you already passed this point as the game does it soon as you start it).
  • add -offline parameter, maybe the game does not detect you playing offline and since you are offline i guess it's better to tell the game also using that command line parameter

• simbamame changed the title to [ RESOLVED ] no really a PBX isuue but ...

Many thanks the -offline did the trick as my pincab wont be linked to the net there is no need for it to be online, and as other said server load
is high hense the long wait, with the  -offline command the tables load in under 12 seconds !!! RESULT ! but then again im running it from An SSD M2 !!

Many thanks for all the help as always much appreciated.