All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How old do you feel now?

hansolo77

I guess you guys really are "that much older" than me.  I was born in 1980, so games like Sonic came out when I was 11.  I was THE demographic.  Games like Doom and Quake also came out when I was in my early teens, and they didn't really phase me.  Mortal Kombat was the only game I can remember ever that gave me nightmares.  And the nightmares only happened 1 night, and it was when I spent like 20 hours playing it with my friend during a sleep over.. I just dreamed that I was still playing, and that it was never-ending, and I kept playing the same moves over and over again.  I don't really understand all the controversy with the violence, etc.  When I played it, I knew it was just a game.  I didn't run around trying to pull people's hearts out of their chests.  Games now though are getting a bit too complex and real.  With games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Grand Theft Auto..yeah I can see where we need to be more mindful of our kids.  But like I said, back then I knew it was just a game.. now.. it's too realistic and the "veil" is very thin..  I think that's why I tend to play LEGO games, Pinball, and stuff like Final Fantasy.  Wow, when did I turn into my parents.  <_<