All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEX 14.43 Plugin Virtual Drive Loader (Version: 1.2.1) cannot initialize

billoute

Hi,

I'v some strange issue with virtual cd mounting.

- For some reason, acording to the GameEx Log, the plugin doesn't start normally :

18:52:25.6 2/16/2016: Loading PlugIns
18:52:25.6 2/16/2016: Loaded Plugin:"Virtual Drive Loader" Version 1.2.1 By Adultery
18:52:25.6 2/16/2016: PlugIn Did not initialize. Disabling PlugIn
- Looking at the plugin log, here what i see :
2/16/2016 6:52:25 PM : Virtual Drive Loader (Version: 1.2.1)
2/16/2016 6:52:25 PM : GameEx14.43 initialized OK!
2/16/2016 6:52:25 PM : Plugin was initialized successfully!
2/16/2016 6:52:25 PM : ERROR: Could not find any virtual drives! Not initializing plugin!
- each time i try to access the plugin configuration screen, it just crash either from GameEx configuration wizard or from the Plugin Downloader app (screens attached)
- I'm usually using Elaborate Bytes CloneDrive, thinking it may be the source of the issue i switched to Daemon Tools, but the same error happens.
If someone can help, it would be nice.

post-28814-0-67651700-1455646208_thumb.j

post-28814-0-12745600-1455646209_thumb.j

Sure, here they are, files attached.

Thks for trying to help. I'v just installed the latest version of SPTD.sys but it changes nothing...the main problem seems to be the inability for gameex/virtualdrive plugin to see any of my drives....

Forgot to mention, i'm under Windows 10...

It's a new and light installation of Gameex, with most of things disabled.

I'v just added Gamecube, NES and PSX emulation.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

For now i found a way to bypass the issue, using the -loadbin option from ePSXe. It let me load a *.cue file directly into the emulator without the need to have a virtual drive mounted.

But still, i really don't understand why gameEx can't see my virtual drives.

Even DTLitechecker says that dtools is not installed even if it really is and working perfectly...but maybe the app is not up to date.

i'v installed the latest version of Dtools available, 10.2 with the latest SPTD driver 2.08 x64.

Before that i was using Elaborate Bytes VirtualDrive.

Both are working without any problems outside GameEx, only GameEx is complaining about not finding virtual drives.

What's worry me the most is the instacrash i get each time i try to configure your plugin...maybe something it doesn't like in my Windows 10 system.

Do you have a settings.xml in the Virtual Drive Loader plugin folder? If so can you move it or delete it and try again to run it?

If that doesn't work, maybe try and put a text fine in that directory and name it settings.xml ?

It sounds like the settings.xml is corrupted or missing or something (it shouldn't matter if it's missing, but it might crash out if it's corrupted). Please post the contents of that file here if that doesn't do it.

Also if possible, please click the details button on that crash so I can see the stack trace.

• Like 1

i deleted the setting.xml and trying to configure the plugin but it crashed, like it always do.

the setting.xml was recreated anyway, even after the crash.

i join both the "settings.xml" of the plugin and the content of the the crash log.

Meantime, i succesfully mounted various ISO/cue images with only the command line options of the newest DTools without any problem, i'm currently setting up Hyperspin/Rocketlauncher to see if i have the same issue concerning the virtual drives.

Sorry to bother you with theses problems, it seems i'm the only one with this issue.

crash.txt

Settings.xml

Don't be sorry! Bug reports make things better for everyone. It is I that should be apologizing to you, kind sir! :)

Can you do me another quick favor? Provide for me the path of your DTAgent.exe?

post-680-0-13920700-1455679179_thumb.png

If you're not sure the easiest way, right click the exe and select Properties. On the Security tab, copy and paste the Object here.

post-680-0-88670200-1455679322_thumb.png

Can you also post the command-line that was working for you?

• Like 2

Ahh, got ya! That's the problem. :)

Fur the GUI, it's a bug when the loader is trying to pull up command lines automatically and it can't. For GameEx, it's not able to see them because fur that to work it needs to be installed in the default installation path (Program Files/DAEMON Tools Lite/)

You'll be able to set the location manually in a few minutes, I'll fix the GUI issue. Hang tight!

OK, well I've made some changes to fix the issues you've reported (as well as some others I didn't initially think about).

This will now load the plugin with or without having to set automated command-lines for non-default installations. This will also locate the Program Files folders, even if they aren't in the "C:/" drive. As an added bonus, my friends out there with different language installations of Windows will also be able to use the plugin since it no longer looks for "Program Files", but uses the Windows variables instead (such as Programmes in French).

Thanks for your help ! If you could re-test and let me know it works, I'll put this out there for the masses.

DT_Loader.zip

• Like 1

I believe that I encountered the same issue, though without seeing the error log from billoute's error dialogue I cannot say for sure.

In any case, I tried your updated DTLoader with a fresh install of DaemonTools Lite 10.2 and was able to open, configure, and use DT_Loader again.