All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Fave Game OST!

DazzleHP

GTA Vice City

One of my favorites of all time, not coz of the gameplay so much, but coz of the soundtrack! GTA hasn't improved much since GTA III, it's been the same since in my opinion (mostly). One thing it has over other franchises is the OST! Every release has an outstanding soundtrack and Vice City is no exception!

Check it: i would honeslty foward it to 32:00!

"Internet killed every star" :P

Post your fave game OST's!

• Like 2

"When Worlds Collide" wasn't in THPS2 though ^_^

Yes it was. The first time I had heard the song was when we fired up the Playstation and inserted the THPS2 disc. Did you have a different version/console perhaps?

The following songs are from the original North American PlayStation release.[5] Other versions may vary.

No. Title Artist Length 1. "Guerrilla Radio" Rage Against the Machine 2. "You" Bad Religion 3. "Bring the Noise" Anthrax featuring Chuck D. of Public Enemy 3:34 4. "When Worlds Collide" Powerman 5000 5. "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" Naughty by Nature 6. "Blood Brothers" Papa Roach 7. "B-Boy Document 99" The High and Mighty featuring Mos Def & Mad Skillz 8. "Heavy Metal Winner" Consumed 9. "Cyclone" Dub Pistols 10. "Five Lessons Learned" Swingin' Utters 11. "Subculture" Styles of Beyond 12. "No Cigar" Millencolin 13. "Out with the Old" Alley Life (feat. Black Planet) 14. "May 16" Lagwagon 15. "Evil Eye" Fu Manchu
  • Like 1

Guitar Hero Metallica - The tracks on here from Death Magnetic are prior to the final engineering that resulted in the compressed crap mix that made it to CD. (yeah I know, but still, it is a game)

Total Annihilation - Epic orchestrated music score that signified the beginning of a great battle, followed by a sort of ebb and flow of violins during the gathering or resources and building phases. Really made the game seem to come to life for me.

• Like 1

Guitar Hero (ANY)

Can you really say a Guitar Hero game HAS a soundtrack per se? That's all it IS. ;)

I actually love all the Final Fantasy music. Nobuo Uematsu is a god. But I also yearn to listen to some of the music from the Star Wars games.. :)

Yes. I too love Final Fantasy compositions. I forgot about those. Excellent mood music too. :)

• Like 2

Yes it was. The first time I had heard the song was when we fired up the Playstation and inserted the THPS2 disc. Did you have a different version/console perhaps?

Yeah i realised shortly after my post that because i'm in PAL region we might well have had slightly different soundtracks - which kinda sucks when you think about it!

Total Annihilation - Epic orchestrated music score that signified the beginning of a great battle, followed by a sort of ebb and flow of violins during the gathering or resources and building phases. Really made the game seem to come to life for me.

YES YES YES! As you already know i am a massive TA freak - and rightly so. When that music finally calms down, you wipe the sweat and relax, before thinking "OMG I GOTS TO GET READY FOR THE NEXT ONE AHHHH" ^_^

Believe it or not dazzle, the ARE people who dont like elbow! I know, wierd right? Think it gets a bit too close to the darker aspects of the soul for some, especially the early stuff.

Of course! But i do :P And you're right, but that's probs why i like 'em ^_^

• Like 1

Pffft. You kids and your licensed music soundtracks. Behold the grandeur of chiptune OSTs. :P

(j/k) If I had to pick a favorite licensed music soundtrack it would have to be GTA: San Andreas

GTA:VC was great as well. I remember the commercial with Flock of Seagulls.

I loved that one right along with the GTA:SA commercial with Welcome to the Jungle!

• Like 1

Dammit - getting progressive more obscure in my old age. I think Elbow rock. Just to be clear. :D

HA! Told you so :P

If I had to pick a favorite licensed music soundtrack it would have to be GTA: San Andreas

I think most gamers when asked about game OST's will choose one of the GTA's - they just so damn good! I actually like GTA III best but was "feeling" VC when i posted :) There are so many "unheard of's" in that game (GTA III) and they are all iconic. When i hear them i am instantly thrown back 15 years, or however long it has been

I almost forgot one of my favorites. Holy bat crap is this track heavy! I don't know that I've heard such a bass heavy track on the NES. Fun fact: if you tremolo pick this tune on a guitar, congratulations ... you're playing black metal. Hell, if you play it at the intended speed, you're playing doom metal.

Whoa - Null's opened the chipset music voting! Basically, anything by Rob Hubbard. Good example being this:

17 minutes long! In a computer with 64K RAM (and that's leaving room for the game and graphics)! Null's gamertag above is 184K

Really dunno how this fallacy of "bigger is better" prevails.

• Like 3

Seeing as we are going this route, i would like to share something. What happens when you combine SID with real instruments?

I present to you Machinae Supremacy from the game Jets 'n' Guns:

And the game theme song which doesn't have much SID, but i think is frikkin awesome anyway:

Machinae Supremacy everyone \m/ B)

• Like 1

Another favorite intro from my Atari 8-bit days... DRACONUS!

And yet another favorite Atari 8-bit Into... Alternate Reality: The Dungeon

Both of these still cause a bit of excitement when I hear them. I spent hours playing both.

• Like 1

Whoa - Null's opened the chipset music voting! Basically, anything by Rob Hubbard. Good example being this:

17 minutes long! In a computer with 64K RAM (and that's leaving room for the game and graphics)! Null's gamertag above is 184K

Really dunno how this fallacy of "bigger is better" prevails.

Man, perfection for retro ambiance!