All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PnballX and Pinball FX2

rtkiii

Does anyone have any good instructions to get PinballFX2 running on my current pinball cabinet that is running the latest version of PinballX, I saw a thread in this forum that is pretty old and I am hoping there is some newer methods to get this going.

If PBFX2 would just work with my joystick card in Steam I would just stick with that but I cannot get it to so I thought the next best thing is to bring it into my working PinballX cab that is currently running 194 Visual Pinball TablesThanks for any info you can give.

Rich

Hey Rich. There are probably several ways of going about it. I would review Zeenon's document here. Also, have you considered using time299's NukeLauncher for PinballX?

I'll start here for now and see what I can do. The updated 1/15/15 pdf should come in very handy! Thanks for the quick response!

Well I gave it a try and am still not seeing Pinball FX2 tables in PBX yet. I think I am missing something with a script or something but I am just lost. Attached are some screens for my settings in PBX for Pinball FX2 and the small .xml DB I have in the c:\pinballx\database\pinballgx2 folder

Any help would be much appreciated

thanks,

Rich

post-11179-0-46221300-1424636870_thumb.j

post-11179-0-00382000-1424636871_thumb.j

I was able to see a table inside of PBX once I added it to the Game List Manager...duh. BUT it keeps saying Steam needs to be running...getting closer

Pinball fx2 won't allow you to launch that way by telling it a tablefile to launch. You'll need either an AHK of your own to launch, or as mentioned above, use Nukelauncher.

I use nukelauncher and it worked pretty much first time. Its basically a macro that runs to select the right table.

It's bit of of messing around at the beginning, but the documentation on the homepage is very good.

It's basically an advanced and intelligent script.

Big advantage is if you have it going, no more big adjustments to be done if something changes or a new table gets added...

I just checked the doc over lunch...that is best best documentation I have seen for this kind of stuff. I will definately give this a try and if I get it going I am donating. the time he took to document is worth the money :)

Ok I was able to get a table to startup..AWESOME!!!! BUT...It does not rotate like the Pinball X settings do. In short my main playfield on my cabinet is set to landscape and in PBX it rotates to portrait. When PBFX2 launches it just stays in landscape. I was hoping the PBX settings would pull into this...thus why I am putting it inside of PBX. Any ideas? I checked the doc real quick but did not see anythign but I am sure I am missing something.

Once that is fixed then I will move onto mapping the game to my joystick controller but I do not want to get ahead of myself if I cannot get this to display n portrait easy enough

Have you checked out 1.97 rtkiii?

Tried it this morning and I can get it to load but I still have to click with my mouse to start :) - posted in the other thread on this. Nuke is good so far just need to configure my to get my cabinet buttons to work. And tweak DMD