All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Typhoon 2001

tthurman

Anyone playing this game?

I just finished installing my GGG spinner before I left town for Christmas, after years of procrastination. Tempest was of course first up for me, and in doing some reading I stumbled across Typhoon 2001.

Initiailly I had some trouble getting my spinner to work, whch was amazingly fixed by using a different USB cable, only to find later the first one worked :rolleyes: . Sounds like a cap issue, but anyway, even some of the youtube videos revealed bragging about this game. Seems safe to say that if you like Tempest, you owe it to yourself to give this a go!

Apparently the author passed, or some seem to think, so these mirrors have the last build.

Note: I have not yet tried this.

Looks like an awesome game. I just love to look at stuff at like that. Its why we love retro gaming and that whole Tron culture etc.. It made me think though, folks please don't be afraid to upload stuff here to the forum or the FTP. We have plenty of space on the server and if we ever need more I will invest further.

Note that the current release is r3991, even though r3992 is in the file name.

No installation is necessary, you play it right from the extracted folder.

It's pretty cool too!

Edited by tthurman
Uploaded a copy for safe keeping

Yep, the file and all are correct, but when you play it shows r3991 in the lower right hand corner.

This was mentioned either in one of the spinner videos I mentioned above, or in a thread I was reading, can't recall, but thought I would mention it so everyone wouldn't be caught off by it when they played.