All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

And It's ON ... Steam Summer Sale 2014

nullPointer

Steam's annual blowout sale (and notorious wallet drain) has officially started for 2014! It looks like it will go until June 30th this year.

So here's a question for you guys that I've been pondering lately. Are the big annual Steam sales still relevant (or at least as relevant as they used to be)? I still get a thrill when the sales go live, being that it's something of a tradition, but these days digital games store fronts have popped up all over the place, and it seems that they all have their own big summer blowouts. And they also generally sell Steam codes. So what say you? Steam sales ... Still a big deal or no? (Or maybe you never cared in the first place which is also totally understandable)

• Like 3

Steam's annual blowout sale (and notorious wallet drain) has officially started for 2014! It looks like it will go until June 30th this year.

So here's a question for you guys that I've been pondering lately. Are the big annual Steam sales still relevant (or at least as relevant as they used to be)? I still get a thrill when the sales go live, being that it's something of a tradition, but these days digital games store fronts have popped up all over the place, and it seems that they all have their own big summer blowouts. And they also generally sell Steam codes. So what say you? Steam sales ... Still a big deal or no? (Or maybe you never cared in the first place which is also totally understandable)

In the last 2 years, i'd have to say no, but you know why :) in fact there was a moment when i absolutely detested the summer sales :P They were for selfish reasons though... and for the same selfish reasons this year i will say HELL YEAH!! bring it! :lol: Imma snap up EVERYTHING lmao Games for less than £1?? are you kidding?! GIMME! B)

I'll have to look and see whats on sale before I comment in this. I just sold some vinyl and got a hundo in my PayPal burning a hole in my ePocket... But generally, I stick to Humble Bundles. Of course I'm pretty new to the whole Steam thing in general. :)

@Dazzle: Adultery77

@KRC: That sounds awesome actually! I'll be on that for sure. Just picked up Puzzle Quest 1 & 2 for $10, so i'll be on that for a bit. But I would put that down to get back into some SF IV no doubt!

Honestly, I just don't seem to have the interest in the indie scene or newer game titles to get onboard with steam. I don't see the sale as being enough to send me over the edge. I think I'll stick to the retro arcade titles. With time being tight, I find a few minuets on the arcade as a distraction still has it's place, but rarely do I find hours to waste on anything but a huge title like Metroid or Zelda. I think I may not get another console! I'm shifting to the nostalgic instead! #GrowingPains

I just picked up Mortal Kombat Arkade for $5, and I will thoroughly enjoy that since MAME has issues with UMK3. Now to find the time to play some of these. :)

I missed the Mortal Kombat Komplete flash offering but will be keeping my eyes out for it to possibly reappear later.

If I'm not mistaken all the Summer Sale games will reappear at the end of the Summer Sale for a short amount of time :)

• Like 1

I ended up snagging the Mortal Kombat Komplete. While I would like to have the Arcade versions, there are a significant amount of issues due to the old Games For Windows Live system.

I will probably snag a couple of copies of Archon Classic, 1 for me and the other for my son. At $0.99US it isn't too dificult to justify. I had this originally when it was released for the Atari 8-bit systems and spent many hours playing. It works well with the 360 controller and is supposedly very true to the original despite some obvious graphics updates.

Jeez... GTA 3, 4, San Andreas, Vice City, and LC episodes for $10... The summer sale has been kind to me so far. :)

@ClassicGMR You were correct as I just snagged Skyrim Legendary today on the Last Day Feature Sale for $13.59 also got Dragon's Age Origins Ultimate Edition for $7.49 and Draco mentioned Archon Classic which you can't go wrong for just .99 cents. :D