All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I just want the time to go faster and faster.... to evolve :D

helpman

Is it me the only one who got his stress level going insane when the first countdown appeared?

Everytime I come here I keep watching that countdown going... well, down... soooooo slowly...

When I went back and noticed that Gameex online option at the top I rushed to check it. What was that? can I use it? how does it work?

Is it a new feature? why I didn't noticed? checked my gameex version in case it was outdated, but it's the latest one. Opened every single option on the setup utility, but gameex online wasn't there either...

PinballX users can play with it, but most gameex users must wait for Evolution... (sigh!)

No news (or I can't find them) about system requirements, no preview videos, not even pictures...

I still don't know if it'll work on my cabinet!!!!

Yet there's that countdown ticking... raising my stress level... and time flows so slowly...

• Like 1

Thanks for your interest in Evolution. I hope it is actually "excitement" and not stress. I know myself it is hard to tell the difference sometimes.

We are doing all the work we can and the timer is about getting the word out on the huge undertaking myself and Ben (Headkaze) are involved with.

As soon as we have a tangible update we will let folks now.

• Like 2

Well, yes, actually is excitement... I can't wait to see what are you preparing for us :D :D

Excitement about the new Evolution, stress watching the seconds going away on the countdown :D :D

Environmental stress (good or bad) encourages Evolution in most species! This hobby is ever changing with the underlying technology that is in a constant state of flux. It will be worth the wait!

Early upon my return to GameEx I felt the wait would be timed nearly perfect with my build. As things progressed I found myself becoming more Impatient, but ended up loading 13.26 at the recommendation of many here. I realize this doesn't apply to the original poster in any way, but to me this was a whole new ballgame from the frontend I messed around with so briefly five or so years ago. Going with the current version has been a good move for me, as it has given me the oppoturnity to familiarize myself with configuration screens, which I assume will retain a similar feel with Evolution. That said, I am eager and excited about the release of Evolution, but imagine a huge amount of effort is being taken on to ensure a polished release. On the other sites I frequent, I see others posting about the release too, and expect to see activity here increase dramitcally on launch, and the continuing support to keep them coming back.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm moving my arcade computer inside a new cabinet, so my gameex theme now won't fit with the cabinet colors and art. So I though about creating a new low res theme for it (640x400) but... what if new gameex just won't use the same themes? what if my theme although working, would miss many interesting features that gameex will have? I think I'll wait :D

Never a bad idea to work with the GameEx we have now and create a theme! I admittedly had put off a few ideas when I first heard some rumblings atop Mt. Olympus of a change, but, being the creative individual that I am, I couldn't hold back Flesh out your ideas, create a theme for your cab!

Evo is going to be great and make some neat changes, however, you will be ahead of things even if the theme is not 100% compatible with those changes. You can then create a new theme and have a good idea what it will take to do so.

• Like 1

I recall the being so far away at some point, but now we're practically at the end of the countdown. I too have been anticipating the release, or what ever it is we will be treated to once it hits zero. Ya know, it could just be a teaser trailer....... :D

Rather it be tight and polished and the devs happy to let it go out rather than rushed and pressured.

Funny this I just caught the timer:

Screenshot%20-%2021_06_2014%20%2C%2022_2

Am I reading that right? 15 days?

Damn time flies when you're meant to be going to the gym. :)

• Like 2

Whether it'll be in 15 days or 30 means nothing to me - all i know is there is something new on the horizon, and it is close! No matter when, where, how or whom, i just can't wait to sink my teeth into it! :D

And as a little bonus the whole thing is a LOT closer now than it was when the timer was revealed :) GOOD TIMES!

• Like 2