All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

ET Phone Home!

Draco1962

I remember when it came out and the girl I was dating at the time's brother plugged it in for the first time. 30 minutes later he was having a fit about how boring and crappy it was.

We never owned the Atari 2600. We had the Atari 800 computer. I remember playing it on that, but don't remember it being so bad. But then again, now that I can emulate it, I still haven't bothered to play it again.. Perhaps it belongs where it lays.

I thnk it's gotten a bad rap. Sure it's not one of the best 2600 games but it is FAR from the worst. In fact if you can get into it the game is really challenging. :)

I also have had head trauma... take my opinion accordingly. ;)

• Like 1

Usually the fierce optimist i'm afraid i call BS on this one. If the Myth were true there would be an underground mountain of the stuff, not 2 lone carts that look suspiciously clean (if you look at the ET cart the package has split hence the exposed paper would have degraded). Maybe i'm missing something, but i'm sure they wouldn't put 2 in one hole, dig up another, put 2 in that one - there are supposed to be millions of the things! Maybe MS are keeping the "big reveal" for xbox customers but until i see this mountain i'm not convinced :)

I thnk it's gotten a bad rap. Sure it's not one of the best 2600 games but it is FAR from the worst. In fact if you can get into it the game is really challenging. :)

I also have had head trauma... take my opinion accordingly. ;)

Truth be known, a lot of movie games are average at best. Let's face it, some of them just suck too!

I find it funny that some people think it caused Atari's demise. Perhaps that console was at the end of its life cycle, and that's all it was.

I do remember standing in line at Sears the Christmas after the 2600 launched, patiently waiting for my turn to play space invaders. While it was a good substitute for that game, it still paled in comparision to the walls of greatness that eagerly awaited your last quarter at the local Shakey's Pizza.

Arcades had no equal in the day!

That's EXACTLY what i thought as i read the article and realised MS was behind it. That old adage again - "the rich get richer" :rolleyes:

hah!

This is probably a precursor to "ET Returns!"

Steven Spielberg intentionaly tipped them off to the exact site where he had previously demanded Atari bury these unworthy game cartridges!