All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Goodbye old friend! You'll be missed...

ClassicGMR

Doh! How could I forget Windows 98? :) I used Windows 98 more than any other OS (even XP). 95 was too old and buggy, ME was too NEW and WAY too buggy, and XP was still in the programming stages. <sigh> I miss the old days.

And I'm not THAT young. I'm 33. So what? I don't go back to pre-Atari computer days, but I've had my share of PC-Compatible glory. We were sharing, so I shared. Sorry. :ph34r::D

Oh and I loved Podracer. I bought a SideWinder Force Feedback 2 for it. The computer shop I go to had it setup as a demo and that was the game they were demo'ing with it. The Force Feedback was awesome. I still have it, though I don't have any games for it, aside from Podracer on a Win98 CD. That's why I'm kinda eager to find out if the latest expansions to "The Old Republic" Star Wars MMO have added true "off-the-rails" space flight so I could drag it out of the closet.

You can't get these to work on a modern system? Just curious. :) If it were me and that were the case I would just try to build a 98 VM.

I'll preface this by saying that when it comes to having to do a lot of tweaking with old games on modern hardware, I'm not the most patient.

I've had no luck with pod racer, and as Draco mentioned one of the problems is 16 bit, I believe the 16 bit installer, but I'll be sure to try his link.

One of the original programers has fixed Battlezone to run on current hardware, due to DirectX and CD-ROM access the videos didn't even play right in XP, but this was running from the CD install, not Ken Miller's patched version. The Battlezone expansion pack Red Odyssey was coded by another group, I actually think it was a mod, anyway it's real hit and miss.

And I'm not THAT young. I'm 33. So what? I don't go back to pre-Atari computer days, but I've had my share of PC-Compatible glory. We were sharing, so I shared. Sorry. :ph34r::D

Dude your post was classic, thanks for sharing. Enjoy your thirties, it's possibly the last decade you'll have that's relatively pain and ache free!

Haven't seen it or any of the other Star Wars titles. The likelihood is probably even further dminished by the sale to Disney. I can only hope that they will re-release them in an updated or reworked format as they were all great.

I came across this for the X-wing series. Might be worth a try.

I loved XP but It did need retiring because a lot of the newer games I want to play are windows 7 only which is really annoying. I still got to update my uncles computer yet but the problem is he's got a lot of documents to update and he's doesn't know how to do it so I have to. it's just a matter of time till I do it