All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NEWS: GameEx 9.15 released

Tom Speirs

22nd March, 2008 - GameEx 9.15

For registered users GameEx now features a fully functional search feature. Allowing searching of all games and media. The search feature works with remotes, game pads and arcade controls.

The media library now allows access to ebooks and Karaoke

The paging arrows are now more inuiitive and display based on the state of the list. They also animate slightly when first shown

The displaying of the amount of items in the list is now slightly animated when switching between lists

The number of items is now shown for an emulator or emulator group before accessing the list item

GameEx will retain the window state after an update instead of being forced into full screen

Fixes snap videos not being displayed when navigating from most played or favorites

New setting to lock down GameEx to only work with a single emulator or emulator group. All other menus are disabled

Fixes emulator music playlist folder when only one file in folder

Happy Easter

thanks a million for the update great search engine!!

I'm using an X-arcade dual joystick control panel, I went to use the search feature but can't seem to exit out of it using the control panel any ideas? Love the feature btw!

I also have a dual xarcade controller to get out of the search menu press the select button and the one next to it (the first two buttons on the top left) works for me :)

thanks a million for the update great search engine!!

I also have a dual xarcade controller to get out of the search menu press the select button and the one next to it (the first two buttons on the top left) works for me :)

Actually, seems like that is a small bug.

Edit: Will be fixed in 9.16. Available shortly.

Wow, this is great!

I have only played with the search for a couple minutes but I have a request and a comment.

First the request: would it be possible to allow the back key to cancel a search midstream? It seems like the search is relatively fast for games, but I could imagine with a larger romset or a huge media library that you might realize that you misspelled something, for example, and want to correct it before getting the results back.

Second, a comment: I noticed that the search also includes the contents of the catver.ini file in the search field. In my case though, this causes a problem in some instances. The reason is that I created a custom catver file so that guests would have an easier time finding games. As such, I added a short list of game examples after the category for each item. So for platformer, I have "Platformer (Donkey Kong, Mario Brothers)". The problem is that if I do a search for 'MARIO', I get back EVERY game from the platformer category in addition to anything with 'MARIO' in the title. Unless someone really wanted to have a list of every game from a category across all systems, could the category field be excluded from the search?

So we sit down for a session of "Games on the big TV." I started up GameEx and see that there is an update. Excited at the possibility that this was the version that would include search, I enthusiastically pressed enter to get the update. I cheered when I saw the Search on the front menu. I turned to my daughter and asked what should we search for? Being Easter, she said "Bunny." So, we found games with "Bunny" somewhere in the title and started playing. The possibilities are endless!

I have to say that this feature makes the registered version even better, almost a must-have.

Awesome job and Thanks!

So we sit down for a session of "Games on the big TV." I started up GameEx and see that there is an update. Excited at the possibility that this was the version that would include search, I enthusiastically pressed enter to get the update. I cheered when I saw the Search on the front menu. I turned to my daughter and asked what should we search for? Being Easter, she said "Bunny." So, we found games with "Bunny" somewhere in the title and started playing. The possibilities are endless!

I have to say that this feature makes the registered version even better, almost a must-have.

Awesome job and Thanks!

Thats great to hear :)