All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] MAME Compiler 64 v2.0.165

headkaze

I think the whole mame 0.155 is screwy or something because when I try to update my mame list in gameex all I get to show is like 70 games. U am using the new history and mameinfo.dat files too

I just haven't said anything about that as I been testing everything but to no avail.

Did you try the previously released tools? The MiniGW linked in headkaze's instructions for the complier link to the previously released 2012 version. Dazzle and I had a day of dueling compilng sessions tracking this down when 0.154 was released, only to find that to be the culprit. I was still using the older release, and eventually it was discovered that was the only difference in our compiling environment. B2K24 managed to work around this by altering his directory tree, but I can't seem to locate that thread right off.

Could very well have nothing to do with it, but it's something simple to try.

Well I tried even the MAME command line version from the Dev site and it does the same thing regarding updating the list as it also only shows something like 68 or 70 games in GameEx. Outside Of Gameex it works just fine using Maneui as it displays all my games

Just wanted to say that I think this is a great release, one that represents a big step forward IMO.

I dumped everything that I just complied, just to give this a good clean run.

The only issue I ran into was pulling down the hiscore diff.

First go, it pulled down and extracted source, then hung.

I gave it another go and since the next step was the hiscore diff, it hung again, so obviously for some reason it wasn't playing well with this particular diff.

I unchecked the hiscore diff, and the cp diff and mingw files were downloaded and extracted without issue.

Once this once complete I did the hiscore download seperately, and it worked fine.

Not sure why that is, but it was nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

Note that I did not test the mameui portion.

For reference I'm running Win 8.1, 64 bit, 8 GB RAM with a Q9550

If you haven't already done so, you owe to yourself try this great application!

Thanks headkaze

:win:

Just tried compiling a new MameUI using your new compiler and still crashes! Can't figure it out why I can't still compile WinUI version.

Also when trying to d/l the hi-score diff patch it crashes the program as well when you select everything to d/l but when you select it after d/l the others then it worked ok.

Thanks for the feedback guys I will be looking into the hiscore patch issue.

As for MameUI I'm wondering if it is some issue with their release and not Mame Compiler. Has anyone successfully compiled MameUI 0155 without Mame Compiler?

I do want to solve this issues and get a new version out soon. Thanks again for the help with testing. This is a major release update so there will likely be a few issues to fix.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into it as it is cool being able to easily compile MAME and the new UI looks very nice like it alot. Now I just need to figure out what all those other options you have in there actually do as there are quite a few check boxes and not sure what they all do or if I need to include them other than force direct input and 64-bit Target. :)

Thanks for all the hard work you put into it as it is cool being able to easily compile MAME and the new UI looks very nice like it alot. Now I just need to figure out what all those other options you have in there actually do as there are quite a few check boxes and not sure what they all do or if I need to include them other than force direct input and 64-bit Target. :)

If you don't know what the option is you will likely not need it ;) Some options I've included for more advanced users (such as developers and ROM hackers). You don't really need to worry about most of them. I have added tooltips though so if you hover your mouse over them they will give you a more detailed explanation of what it is.

Yep, I plan to make time over the long weekend to compile it, only this time only trying auto download the hi_score diff alone, to see if I have the same results. If it works, I'll ditch it and try it again with the hi and cp diffs both getting downloaed.

I'll be sure to report back, because there is always that high probability that it's something I did that caused the problem last go around!

I managed to compile mame 0.156 tonight without a hitch haven't tried the UI version yet but so far the new compiled version works just fine. I was having issues with the Compiler trying to d/l a new list which it just froze so I manually installed the new mame source and the hi score patch plus it only list 0.155 source and hi score patch maybe that had something to do with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will over the weekend. The only detail i could provide about it was it would just not do anything at all until i closed the window, there was no error or anything. I have a fresh install of W8 so i thought maybe it was something internal MS added that was preventing it, but didn't report it because i wanted to do some extra testing and just never had a chance.