All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Nvidia drivers

Dav1d

Hi everyone,

Since I use GameEx, I haven't updated my Nvidia drivers for years now. I still use version 6697 since the last I heard this version is the one that GameEx works properly with. I think I tried about six months ago to use the latest ones but when I run GameEx, it's performance slows to a crawl.

Has anyone had luck using the latest Nvidia drivers and GameEx?

Perhaps it's a combination of my video card and the latest drivers not working for what GameEx needs.

I use a geforce ti 4200

Regards,

David

Hi everyone,

Since I use GameEx, I haven't updated my Nvidia drivers for years now. I still use version 6697 since the last I heard this version is the one that GameEx works properly with. I think I tried about six months ago to use the latest ones but when I run GameEx, it's performance slows to a crawl.

Has anyone had luck using the latest Nvidia drivers and GameEx?

Perhaps it's a combination of my video card and the latest drivers not working for what GameEx needs.

I use a geforce ti 4200

Regards,

David

i wouldnt bother the new driver tend to be for the latest cards if it works dont tweak i say :)

It is fixed in the new drivers, but only for newer cards. For older cards you still need the older drivers. According to the NVIDIA site, the newer drivers since around when they released the buggered version have no updates for older cards anyway. So stick to the working drivers.

Hi all,i have the same board,4200ti,same problem.

I´ve read this post but i could only find 66.93 driver version in the driver archive on nvidia website.

Hope it will work.

Regards

Here is a link to the drivers I use. The're modified but they work great, been using it for over a year now. I was only curious about the lastest because I am addicted to tweaking.

Modded nvidia 6697 drivers hosted at guru3d

Cheers,

Dave

So I run a 4200 in my MCE2005 box with drivers 9371 right now, and GameEx is terribly slow. I've been tweaking for a while now trying to speed it up, and I guess this must be the reason, huh?

So I'm wondering, will the 6697 or 6693 drivers work with MCE2005? Yeah, I know they will install and GameEx will work, but will MCE load, as it requires special MCE confirmed drivers? (yeah I could just try it, but I'm sure anyone who has a white-box MCE will understand my reluctance to mess with currently "working" drivers)

I looked on Nvidia's site, and all I can find is their driver archive for XP/2000, and not for MCE. Does anyone know if they are the same thing? If so, what version did the drivers start registering the "compatible with MCE"?

For that matter, is there any way to make use of newer drivers at decent speed? From what I can tell, Nvidia added some nice MCE features after ver 7779...

Thank a lot!

OK, I found 6677 for mce... So did I answer my own question? I don't know... I'll try these. tx!

Edited by skidrash