All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Thoughts, prayers, and hope for victims of Hurricane Helene

Draco1962

Please keep the people adversely impacted by Hurricane Helene in your thoughts & prayers.

The picture shows the absence of lights cutting a swath from the Big Bend of the Florida Gilf coast all the way across Georgia into west North Carolina and Tennessee. Because of prior extensive rains preceding Helene, the additional max of 31.33 inches of rain over 3 days brought total devestation to many mountain towns.

If able, please search for and consider donations  to reputable charities for relief.

Thank you

FB_IMG_1727907108708.jpg

Fingers crossed.

PS:

Everything is hosted in the Netherlands now. I did have some stuff on the west coast but all consolidated now.

If you noticed some downtime on the other stuff this last few weeks that was why.

it was nice to have stuff hosted stateside but I got an amazing host and at least is not five eye now!

• Like 1

This has been a crazy season so far to be sure, still can't believe the hurricane damage in East Tennessee and Western North Carolina from just a few weeks back now. Your just don't hear about events like this here.

How the Nolichucky Dam held together is hard to fathom. After this water went down stream it ended up in the Douglas reservoir, when TVA released that water it was dumping at 425,000 gallons a second.

Damn (pun intended). What I cannot fathom is weather personalities receiving hate mail and even threats. 

I understand the concerns and anxiety caused by back-to-back weather threats, but why the "weather rage" towards the people bringing us the information?

Mike of Mike's Weather Page is even getting unmitigated hate on his FB page for being accurate. Most of it is coming from tinfoil hatted flat earthers convinced that the current government is controlling and weaponizing the weather systems via HAARP against "the red states"...

conspiracy-conspiracy-time.gif