All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Mame launching on Marquee monitor

madmic

I've had GameEX Arcade and Marquee Masher set up and working great for a few years now. I just had to replace my main monitor. All I did was unplug old monitor and plug new one in. Now when I launch GameEX The Marquee doesn't show on top screen. Sometimes it shows up on main screen. Then when I am able to launch a game the game play screen comes up on the marquee monitor. Or it just shows Marquees on main screen. I am using Marquee Masher. Any idea what I should look for? It's been a few years since I last tinkered with this. I never changed any settings at all and it has worked perfect for a few years up until the monitor swap. Also if I was to update to a newer version of GameEX Arcade will I have to redo all my settings? I really don't want to have to go through that again.
Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Mike

log.txt GameEx.ini

Hi Mike - You are on v16.73 and the current version is 18.75 so you are way out of compliance! It may be a good idea to backup your current installation if you have any concerns, then download and perform an over-the-top installation of the latest version.

It is possible that the issue you are encountering has been addressed, or it may persist. Let's start with that first, shall we?

Attach new gameex.ini and log.txt files and let us know the current state. Thanks!

OG Mike

I just don't get it. Everything was working perfect. Has been for years. I unplugged main monitor and replaced it. Now the game opens on second monitor. Maybe I'll get around to doing all that this weekend. My days of tinkering and troubleshooting are dwindling. Thanks

A question for you regarding the new monitor - did you change the way it connects to the PC, such as from VGA to HDMI, DisplayPort or the like?

I installed the latest update to GameEx Arcade. It did change some of the look I had but that's fine. Still having issues with the Marquee/screen setup. I've always ran this with 2 monitors, one being the marquee. When I am in the menus scrolling through the games everything is working as it should. As soon as I launch a game the marquee goes away and the game launches in the secondary/marquee monitor. When I exit the game it goes back to normal again. Sorry if I seemed snippy in earlier comment, I appreciate the help. Sometimes things just make absolutely no sense to me at all.

GameEx-3.ini log-2.txt

Per your log file:

image.png

Can you look in the log.txt file from your most recent install and confirm that the version shows 18.75 (latest) instead of 16.73 as the version?

Draco it is at 18.75 now.

Tom, thanks for the MAME setting option. Never had to do that before but I figured it out.

I managed to sort out the Marquee Masher settings just now also.

Again, I appreciate any and all help that you gentlemen offer.

***** I have it all squared away now. Everything seems to be working great and the correct way*****

Edited by madmic
Everything clicked for me.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Mame launching on Marquee monitor