All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX3 not closing in background

ManchesterLad

Can I piggy back on this....same problem and logs attached

I am waiting for a fix to the colour DMDs on FC so tried adding the paramater for FX3 on this site, but didn't work 

Either way my tables in Pinball X winet close down on exit , they stay open in the background, juke like you pressed escape to go to the menu but not closed the application down. Tried adding the -quit parameters too, no joy

PinballX - Copy.ini log - Copy.txt

18 hours ago, ManchesterLad said:

Can I piggy back on this....same problem and logs attached

I am waiting for a fix to the colour DMDs on FC so tried adding the paramater for FX3 on this site, but didn't work 

Either way my tables in Pinball X winet close down on exit , they stay open in the background, juke like you pressed escape to go to the menu but not closed the application down. Tried adding the -quit parameters too, no joy

PinballX - Copy.ini 7.46 kB · 0 downloads log - Copy.txt 3.53 kB · 0 downloads

Since the OP referenced Pinball FX and not Pinball FX3 your issue should be handled as a new thread and has been split from it accordingly.

Iaccording to your log, you launch FX and not FX3(as in the header)

You launch the direct table not via Steam.exe, but via pinballFX.exe, so you didn't follow the guidelines that where added via our site

The part of your dmdext doesn't make sense. Please read Freezy's documentation on how dmdext is working. For FFx3a memory grab is done, this will not magical work for FX. Freezy made de Fx developers aware to use dmdext, so the dmd frames would be send in a correct way.

Edit: here's the guide I made for fx and m

https://forums.gameex.com/forums/topic/28881-guide-setup-zen-pinball-fx-and-pinball-m-in-pinballx-steam-version/

If you won't set it up like that (beside the path differences) I will not do any support of it 

Just for the notice :
I verified my Zen Pinball FX version to ensure it was the latest one on Steam.m
image.thumb.png.80c74bceea9ad7ef9b577823c2d57b69.png

As outlined in the tutorial, whether or not Joyrider's program is used, FX will successfully close through PinballX.