All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New System in Frontend, Defaults to other VPX Settings

Fiery Phoenix

Got back late from football, will have to have a proper look tomorrow. Noticed since B2S , VPX and VPinMAME updates, getting a lot of errors

Colour Roms or Pups not working in FX3, error messages showing DmdDevicePup out of date, etc

But never updated that?

3 hours ago, Fiery Phoenix said:

Colour Roms or Pups not working in FX3

You properly won't use Freezy's DMDext, but Nailbuster his clone for showing the DMD.
I don't use Puppacks for FX3, but thought that are 'driven' by DofLinX and dofLinx uses DOF.

4 hours ago, Fiery Phoenix said:

error messages showing DmdDevicePup out of date

Is this only in the dmddevice.log ? or you really get an error message popup

4 hours ago, Fiery Phoenix said:

But never updated that?

All the components uses each other. so Not sure what you did or not 

FX3 puppacks for Aliens, Getaway, Alien Isolation were working fine and DOF not required for these (and I don't have either) 

Colour DMDs were.loading fine too including the new Serum ones for Attack from Mars and Creature form the Black Lagoon

The error comes up via a CMD screen when loading an FX3 table. Pic below. Stating it is outdated, unsure why the colour roms have stopped. 

Also noticed that my cab buttons not responding in FX3 either. Strange...

There is a line in the PinballX settings that allowed the colour roms and pups to work, it's still there so not sure why would suddenly stop 

Everything else appears fine now. 

IMG_20240701_091033839_HDR.thumb.jpg.07124d6b105ea37b88b6fe695d7d3990.jpg

To be honest, I don't see errors in the log, only some warnings. 

The message dmddevicepup.dll is outdated is because that dllis older than x months and dmdext throws this warning.

It just expects that it is updated at a point.

I see you run dmdext 2.2.2. That's updated recently as well. As I said, I don't use puppacks during fx3, I just use native dmdext and that's working for me

As zen fx3 just uses the dmdext and dmddevice from a specific path, maybe try to use an slightly older version. 

Renamed vpauto.exe but blue screen error when attempting to close table remains (on my 3D system)

Unsure of this will help but some tables ALWAYS have the problem on closing even on normal Visual Pinball system.  Big Bang Bar is one of them. One of the newer VPW tables unsure if related?

Exiting table problem does NOT exist on FX2 or 3, just with VPX

Looks like you're on PinballX V6.02 so you may as well update to the latest version.

After the update can you post pinballx log files after the issue for the regular VP system for Big Bang Bar and for the 3D system so they can be compared (might be different issues). Ideally open a 'working' table in the VP system that exits normally before opening and attempting to exit Big Bang Bar so that is in the log too.

When the hang occurs, is VPX still open or does it fully exit (with no left over visual pinball processes in task manager [details tab])?

• Like 1

Would add. Appears selecting exclusive full screen hack in PinballX settings has stopped (from what I can tell) the crashes for tables under standard VPX / Visual Pinball

3DVPX is under other systems so does not have this option to select....unless there is a parameter to add?

My opinion, for what it's worth, would be to upgrade PinballX to the latest version and provide new pinballx.ini and log.txt files following the latest error state as @scutters requested earlier.

This will establishs a new baseline for further triage.

Hopefully the attached help.

I should be running the VPinMAME, B2S and GL versions recommended on page 1

I have attached the log showing a crash when I attempted to play Cactus Canyon on my 3D system in PinballX

Sometimes it loads and exits fine, other times maybe the 2nd or 3rd table I open crashes on closure.

It just hangs on the Loading / exit screen showing an egg timer. Press the mouse button and that when the error appears and I select to close the application 

Forgot to add a log when a table opens fine. Can add tomorrow 

Log shows this...problem?

23:27:56.29 03/07/2024: Please try deleting flash.ocx in the installation folder and then reininstall PinballX.

23:27:56.29 03/07/2024: You may need to change security properties on the file.

23:27:56.29 03/07/2024: If PinballX does not initialize you should address this issue.

Many thanks 

log.txt PinballX.ini

Ok will do (forgot to be fair)

Quick question, if I install over my existing files, will it keep my original settings and parameters typed in for the systems?

Or do I need to copy and paste my existing config folder over for example.

Ta

EDIT. saw in FAQ, will keep the core files....will update now

The update will not affect your media, database, or configuration. Only the necessary files will be updated.

For more information, please refer to the documentation on how to perform an upgrade.

Ok installed new version

Tested Cactus Canyon (3D system) and it crashed / egg timer on the loading of the table now (not the exit)

On normal Visual Pinball, it crashed on exiting Class of 1812 and The Simpsons Pinball Party (both newer VPW tables)

Relaunched and Cactus Canyon (3D) loaded and exited fine, but the 4th table I loaded (Creature from the Black Lagoon) crashed on exit. I have attached the log from this crash

Launched PinballX again and selected normal Visual Pinball system. Loaded Big Bang Bar and crashed on exit. I have also attached this log

Many thanks 

log - Big Bang Bar VPX.txt log - Simpsons VPX 3D.txt PinballX.ini

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fiery Phoenix said:

Log shows this...problem?

23:27:56.29 03/07/2024: Please try deleting flash.ocx in the installation folder and then reininstall PinballX.

Flash is used to display old flash format flyers, so probably not a factor in your issue. @Mike_da_Spikedid make some notes a while back about to correct it though https://forums.gameex.com/forums/topic/27599-guidehow-to-remove-flashocx/

Looking at your logs there doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to the issue - Creature from the Black Lagoon has launched and exited ok in one log but failed in another;

Ok

23:28:06.70  03/07/2024:  C:\Visual Pinball\VPX 3D\VPinballX_GL64.exe /play -"C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\3D Tables\Creature From The Black Lagoon (Bally 1992).vpx" -minimized -ini "C:\Users\Pinball\AppData\Roaming\VPinballX\VPX3D.ini"
23:28:06.75  03/07/2024:  C:\PinballX\vpauto.exe 
23:28:15.09  03/07/2024:  Visual Pinball Player window foreground: 8
23:28:30.45  03/07/2024:  Exit System Control Pressed

Fail

08:55:02.75  04/07/2024:  C:\Visual Pinball\VPX 3D\VPinballX_GL64.exe /play -"C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\3D Tables\Creature From The Black Lagoon (Bally 1992).vpx" -minimized -ini "C:\Users\Pinball\AppData\Roaming\VPinballX\VPX3D.ini"
08:55:02.76  04/07/2024:  C:\PinballX\vpauto.exe 

So for some reason PinballX isn't recognising that VPX has successfully launched when you see the issue (as there's no 'Visual Pinball Player window foreground' line in the log), and nor does that monitoring process timeout either (no 'Visual Pinball Foreground Timout' message in the log) - but only sometimes(?)

Can you try something Mike suggested, for the VPX 3D system in settings change the system type from 'Visual Pinball' to 'Custom' just as a test (which should stop PinballX checking for the Visual Pinball windows becoming active), and let us know if that makes any difference (and attach a new log copy!).

Also, please confirm that you have exceptions set in antivirus / defender for anything & everything Pinball related and let us know general system health status (plenty of free space on C drive, no other crashes or random error messages popping up, games always launch ok outside PinballX etc)

• Like 1

Ok update

Changing the system setting from visual pinball to custom under the other system settings in PinballX for my 3D setup does appear to have fixed the issue. Not had any crashes on exits now on loading and closing tables up multiple times

My standard Visual Pinball tables still had the occasional crash, America's Most Haunted crashed every single time on exiting.

However I tried deleting the additional parameter line for this system shown on page 1 and that too now appears to be working.

Fingers crossed

Many thanks 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fiery Phoenix said:

However I tried deleting the additional parameter line for this system shown on page 1 and that too now appears to be working.

May I know which parameter you are referring to?