All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Hello! I updated the DOF and lost the lights functionality in PINBALLX

VPA35BKSOR

Hello guys.. I had the Pinballx DOF plugin working perfectly, I updated the DOF and the undercab lights and everything that PINBALLX did stopped working.
Does anyone know how I can recover? I have the pinballx plugin installed and in configure it says it works fine. But not.

THANK YOU!

If you need any .log, tell me and I'll upload

1 hour ago, VPA35BKSOR said:

If you need any .log, tell me and I'll upload

Yes please. Log.txt from pinballx, pinballx.ini, your dof log file from the plugins directory and check dor dof.log from the dof directory

3 hours ago, VPA35BKSOR said:

Hello Mike!!!
attach!!
log.txtPinballX.ini

You also need to attach 'your dof log file from the plugins directory and check dor dof.log from the dof directory', most of the information needed for your issue will be in those.

Mike did release an update to the DOF plugin though (https://forums.gameex.com/forums/topic/26999-plugin-pinballx-dof-14-swisslizard-modified/), i don't know if it'll fix your issue.

1 hour ago, scutters said:

You also need to attach 'your dof log file from the plugins directory and check dor dof.log from the dof directory', most of the information needed for your issue will be in those.

Mike did release an update to the DOF plugin though (https://forums.gameex.com/forums/topic/26999-plugin-pinballx-dof-14-swisslizard-modified/), i don't know if it'll fix your issue.

Hello scutters..
Here I put the DOF.log. The strange thing is that I found it in the DOFx64 folder.
I also tried the new MIKE plugin... but it's still the same

Another strange thing is that the DOF works perfDirectOutput.logectly with the TABLES in both 32 and 64 bit

here ATTACH log

The DOF plugin shows in the pinballX .log that it canot be initialized :

13:48:26.09  5/15/2024:  Loaded Plugin:"DirectOutput PinballX Plugin" Version 1 By Swisslizard
13:48:26.43  5/15/2024:  PlugIn Did not initialize. Disabling PlugIn

You didn't attached the "PinballX DirectOutput Plugin.log" from the plugin folder.
It could give 1 of the following errors :

• Could not find the DirectOutput.ComObject. Please check if the DirectOutputComObject is registered.
  • Could not create a instance of the DirectOutput framework.

So not sure which error you get, but maybe one of your dof registartions (32 or 64 bit) is not fine.
Running RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe as admin should fix it

in your directoutput log I see the following :

2024.05.14 21:29:25.987	No cabinet config file loaded. Will use AutoConfig.

Just to be sure :
in your DOF64\config (but also in your dof\config) you must have xml called GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml
This config should have valid paths and settings.

Here's my example :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--Global configuration for the DirectOutput framework.-->
<!--Saved by DirectOutput Version 3.1.6863.36690: 2018-12-15 15-17-15-->
<GlobalConfig>
  <LedWizDefaultMinCommandIntervalMs>1</LedWizDefaultMinCommandIntervalMs>
  <LedControlMinimumEffectDurationMs>60</LedControlMinimumEffectDurationMs>
  <LedControlMinimumRGBEffectDurationMs>120</LedControlMinimumRGBEffectDurationMs>
  <IniFilesPath>C:\Pinball\DirectOutput</IniFilesPath>
  <CabinetConfigFilePattern>C:\Pinball\DirectOutput\config\cabinetPBX.xml</CabinetConfigFilePattern>
  <TableConfigFilePatterns />
  <EnableLogging>true</EnableLogging>
  <ClearLogOnSessionStart>true</ClearLogOnSessionStart>
  <LogFilePattern>.\DirectOutputPBX.log</LogFilePattern>
</GlobalConfig>

The logFilePattern can be changed, so it will only create a DOF log for PBX.

I hope this info will help you to get it to work again

Thanks 

Here I am responding from the office user.... when I get to the cabinet I will try to prove what you say...
Something strange is that the DOF (32) is registered and when I read in the pinballx plugin it says that it is at DOF 64... but it tells me that it is working.

which is true since it works perfectly for me with the tables.
I WILL TRY

2 hours ago, strangeleo72 said:

pinballx plugin it says that it is at DOF 64

Pinballx plugin is using the com+ object. Vpx uses a redirection from b2sserver to the dof folder without using the registrated object.

Although the pinballx plugin says it is fine, during launch of Pinballx it cannot load the plugin. My assumption is that you didnt put the config files for pinballx in the config folder

Mike asks because I don't understand much if I go to REGEDIT, delete the DOF registry... and register it again but this time from the DOF (32) and take the dll to the pinballx plugin folder, will it work???
I add...
If I reinstall pinballx from scratch, in another folder and pass everything (except the plugins) maybe it will install again... I'll try it.

No, you are on the wrong way. Don't delete anything from registry or re install pinballx. You will get into more troubles

Just follow my long post which I posted my moning

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 5:57 AM, Mike_da_Spike said:

You didn't attached the "PinballX DirectOutput Plugin.log" from the plugin folder.

Again, you didn't attached this one :D.
But I did register the 64 bit on my machine and got the same results.
I made the following steps, let me know if this works.

To fix DOF in PinballX after upgrading to DOF64 :

If your DOF plugin shows that it is pointing to a 64 bit folder, DOF will not work on PinballX 

image.thumb.png.b859a67f99a85178b24a9ff7301a9f49.png

Your PinballX logfile will show :

06:51:34.19  17-5-2024:  Loaded Plugin:"DirectOutput PinballX Plugin" Version 1.5 By Swisslizard (modified by Mike da Spike)
06:51:34.39  17-5-2024:  PlugIn Did not initialize. Disabling PlugIn

Go to your 32 bit DOF folder and run RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe (DO NOT RUN THE INSTALLER FROM THE 64BIT FOLDER !)

image.thumb.png.5ab2596cec17aa88c53de1be681245d5.png

(confirm if you have UAC enabled)

Check if your DOF plugin is now showing the path to the 32 bit folder

image.thumb.png.26b51cbcbe6c244aca65d16156d05e0b.png

Additional steps if plugin still shows it is using the 64 bit path

If your plugin still shows that the DOF plugin is pointing to the wrong location, open your registry editor as admin

image.png.85dc36b4c8fcfa64b9bd780a11f08c8e.png

navigate to \HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{A23BFDBC-9A8A-46C0-8672-60F23D54FFB6}\InprocServer32

First check if the codebase is the correct location (this should do the RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe)

image.thumb.png.0dd91174f474def36f8d53142a9c133d.png

if you got 2 hives under the InprocServer32 remove the hive with has the codebase pointing to the 64 bit

image.thumb.png.a27ce03538e17bab19d2ef71d78c339e.png

The DOF plugin should point now to 32 bit

image.thumb.png.26b51cbcbe6c244aca65d16156d05e0b.png

Launching PinballX, the DOF should work and you should see that the PinballX log.txt will shows :

07:17:35.03  17-5-2024:  Loaded Plugin:"DirectOutput PinballX Plugin" Version 1.5 By Swisslizard (modified by Mike da Spike)
07:17:38.99  17-5-2024:  PlugIn: "DirectOutput PinballX Plugin" Initialized OK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hey mike..
Every day I understand less... here I leave you 3 screenshots of how it is on my PC... and you still can't find the pinballx in C:DirectOuput (you see it on x64)

stranger than my aliaWhatsAppImage2024-05-17at16_14_29.jpeg.d20110ea6326b1824b4ad6a785fa8829.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-05-17at16_15_00.jpeg.823cf8af7de8bee4f939878eb3cca75d.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-05-17at16_10_21.jpeg.a180154c59a2df6ae2cd220dc14f46a6.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-05-17at16_10_45.jpeg.dc44b3e43469be611d721365c8ec6a08.jpegs, hahaha

8 hours ago, VPA35BKSOR said:

Is there a way to redirect the PBX plugin to the DirectOutput folder 32 (instead of x64)

Didn't you follow my instruction ? That will set the plugin to 32 bit.
my assumption is that PinballX plugins are running under 32 bit (so it will be compatible with legacy version)

6 hours ago, VPA35BKSOR said:

Mike.. can you upload Cabinetpbx.xml
(better 2 folders complete DOF and DOFx64) to compare.... THANKS
if is possible

DOF64 won't work for PinballX. if yo need our cabinet.xml, copy it from your 32 bit DOF installation. 

8 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Didn't you follow my instruction ? That will set the plugin to 32 bit.
my assumption is that PinballX plugins are running under 32 bit (so it will be compatible with legacy version)

DOF64 won't work for PinballX. if yo need our cabinet.xml, copy it from your 32 bit DOF installation. 

Yes my friend, to the letter, step by step...
I have everything ok and it still does not work and appears in the pinballx plugin directory directed to x64.
CRAZY
That's why I was asking you if you have the possibility of sending me the files to see where the difference is... and if you want and can, export the registry (let's see if it changes it if I run it)

If not, and to finish, I'm going to try to reinstall everything from scratch.
I KNOW, the problem is right there, but I still see the address to folder DOF-x64 from piballx...

Did you check the registry part ?

Can you send screenshots of it? Or create an export (including sub keys) of the registry I meantioned

I can send the the config files, but won't help. Its the registration of the dll that is wrong.

• Like 1

mike, i delete the 3.1.844 line.. 
Do I have to delete everything??? From where? so I don't lose anything...
because I did the steps and it keeps happening to me, maybe I have to delete first and then run the registry (with admin)

I NEED TO DELETE FROM IMPROCSERVER32?????
(sorry but I don't understand much about records I'm afraid of deleting something else)

Can you export the correct registry keys.

You provided the user one, instead of the machine (you gave from hkcu instead of hkcr).

If I can see the error, I will provide you a file with the fix