All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Future Pinball AIO Settings Help

Bgood@bmts.com

5 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

In order to adequately support your implementation of PinballX you need to upgrade to the latest as many bug fixes and enhancements have been put in place.

Please consider upgrading before you continue.

Draco:I will upgrade, just need to know how to do this without disturbing my settings?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Draco:I will upgrade, just need to know how to do this without disturbing my settings?

There's a pretty good manual flthat is distributed with the latest pinballx versions (since pinballx versions starting from June 2022), but it can also be downloaded in the download section. 

It show upgrades and downgrades, but also almost all settings you can do with pinballx.

Glad you upgraded to latest version without issues

@[email protected]

Noticed your launch parameters for FP don't look right. You have;

/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderender/STAYINRAM

You should add an extra space before the /STAYINRAM, so change it to;

/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

Don't think that'll have any effect for your issue but worth changing in PinballX Settings.exe Future Pinball section.

Please then retest with the .bat file and attach new copies of your PinballX log.txt and config.ini files, and also a copy of your .bat file.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 5:41 PM, [email protected] said:

Thanks for the alt - tab, don't know if mine is working properly - when I finally get it to stay on after continually holding down those keys. there are 6 screens - one shows a black image that if I was running a single table outside PBX would have to be moved to my 3rd screen. So I believe the .bat and your previous help the thing is running but not getting placed on the 3rd screen.log.txt

Looks like al is working. The black screens are from pinballx to hide all on the screen.I use a real dmd, so not sure, but I think you need to drag the virtual dmd to the corre t screen and save that position (right click?)

Right now your launch before is disabled , so dmdext will not launch

10 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Going to quit on this project. Thanks for your help guys. If I come up with something I'll post it here. Going to try u packs.

Don't give up !

try the following :
Just launch the "Start FP - Backbox - DMDExt.bat" when you are in Windows

make sure you have dmdext,exe and dmddevice.ini ar ein the FP folder

if you have a popup like this : follow the steps as in the box (this is an example. could be differrent)

image.thumb.png.d20ff4853eb077c89d09b61178d932a9.png

If you see the following screen it is correct :

image.thumb.png.a94a40cff555fb5153d403c5ca140314.png

Also a DMD will be show
image.png.28b82d1eb9741a37f86c667ef95344aa.png

move this black box to the correct DMD window , resize if needed and right click. Click "save position globally"

edit the file Start FP - Backbox - DMDExt.bat

and change the last line . Put start in front of the dmdext command :
(like this)

start dmdext.exe mirror --source=futurepinball -q --virtual-stay-on-top --fps 60 --use-ini="DmdDevice.ini"

make sure the fploader is removed or has Rem in front of it.
restart your PC , launch PinballX and launch a table
that should do the trick ! 

(sorry was away from computer for a couple of days)
Let me know if that is working for you

• Like 1

So very glad you talked me out of Quitting = Very Happy Pinhead here!

For those peoples who have been following this adventure - Mike DA Spike - and his co-horts have solved my problems, all my tables that have a  virtual DMD (with this fix) in Future  Pinball will be able to add the DMD to their 3rd screen.

Thank-you so very much. I'll now try to write a .bat file for VPX and other tables to work with PINBALL X.

OBTW   DMDext only works on tables that already have a DMD.

• Like 3

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Future Pinball AIO Settings Help

Since this topic was opened for Future Pinball AIO I've marked the thread resolved and set the lock.

Thanks to @Mike_da_Spike and @scutters for your help as always and @[email protected]for reporting back timely with your results.

If any issues with VPX, please open a new thread with pinballx.ini and log.txt files attached to your description of the issue.

Cheers!

• Like 2