All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Pinball X setup - not seeing backglass/table videos

rtkiii

Hey all,

Decided to put in new HDD with Win10 in my cabinet.  Win7 would not upgrade .  So I am basically setting up from scratch and was doing from memory of an install I did like 8 years ago.  LOL - yeah i am dumb.  

I installed and tried copying config files but then PBX would not launch.  So I uninstalled and started from scratch. 

My PinballFX3 list seems to work ok but VP and VPX list I have just show black.  If I remove the video files from the path below I see the "grey" screen like no media has been loaded.  So I am sure PBX is seeing the video files but not playing.  They are .f4v file format.  Wheel images are fine.

The video files are C:\PinballX\Media\VPX. 

I installed the LAV codecs and took defaults.(I did not have this original and the PinballFX3 tables would only show backglass).  Then I remembered I needed some special codecs and found the PBX install instructions online.  Once installed the PBFX3 show BG and tables now but VP and VPX tables still show the black screen.

I am sure this is an easy fix but I must be missing something. 

Thanks,

Thanks, i applied the changes as suggested..this got the table videos to load but not the backglasses

image.png.4f573c5b3d3fb1cd29d4f738b83b8fca.png

yeah, the next time I fire it up I will.  So weird they are the same file format so it baffles my brain  :)

Just the AMD Radeon VC

image.png.c47e294383b236bd0aa129720d3338f8.png 

The backglass i using DVI and playfield is HDMI.  Not sure why that would matter.  Verified the videos both show same codec info as well.

image.png.cdba45f7d55fdfa38127ffb37d62c424.png

PinballX.ini

3 hours ago, rtkiii said:

So weird they are the same file format so it baffles my brain

I think i see a smoking gun in the ini file. You have UseB2S=True set, so PinballX is trying to use the actual B2S file rather than backglass media files.

In Settings.exe check the value under Display Settings->Use Direct B2S in Front End..  set it to No.

• Like 1

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Pinball X setup - not seeing backglass/table videos