All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PBXRecorder records videos in backglass but in the playfield it records the video with a static image

strangeleo72

Hello friends.. I have a problem with the PBXRecorder. It records the videos but on the backglass I have video and in pf I have a static image... It is NOT a photo but it does not record any movement. Anyone know what can it be??? I started doing it with vpx10.8 Im using PBXR 1.8 and 1.9 Thanks in advance

• strangeleo72 changed the title to PBXRecorder records videos in backglass but in the playfield it records the video with a static image

Try pasting your text after translation Paste as Plain Text (right-click, select Paste as Plain Text) to avoid the odd text boxes.

Also, when reporting an issue, please attach fresh copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files in your new posts to speed review. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Intente pegar su texto después de la traducción Pegar como texto sin formato (haga clic con el botón derecho, seleccione Pegar como texto sin formato) para evitar los cuadros de texto impares.

Además, cuando informe un problema, adjunte copias nuevas de sus archivos pinballx.ini y log.txt en sus nuevas publicaciones para acelerar la revisión. ¡Gracias!

so sorry first.. ill try next time right paste!

later y put the pinballx log and ini

Are you using the GL or the DX version of VPX 10.8?

(i think pbxrecorder should still work with the DirectX version, but might need an update to work with the Open GL version to capture the playfield screen correctly) 

exactly Im use GL version!!!

have you some solution???  or 

Should I put the DX to record the videos and put the GL back to play later???

It would be nice if they updated that...

If you have any solution tell me!! thank you!

2 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Wasn't the capturing via OBS studio needed for GL capturing ?

Are you using GL for VR or also for playing 'flat' ?

Yes my Friend i use GL 
3D looks perfect with the GL version
In the DX version it doesn't look so good. DACSTYLE (an Argentinian friend) also recommended me for the frame that the GL used for both

1 hour ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

@extrañoleo72

Vi tu reseña de DBM. Gracias por eso, pero no creas que eso resuelve tu problema con la grabación de videos, ya que DBM usa la API de PinballX.

Por favor, prueba OBS como lo describe Carney en una de mis publicaciones más valiosas.

THANKS !!!

4 minutes ago, strangeleo72 said:

Yes my Friend i use GL 
3D looks perfect with the GL version
In the DX version it doesn't look so good. DACSTYLE (an Argentinian friend) also recommended me for the frame that the GL used for both

@Dacstylewhy buddy, why ??🤣

8 hours ago, strangeleo72 said:

exactly Im use GL version!!!

have you some solution???  or 

Should I put the DX to record the videos and put the GL back to play later???

It would be nice if they updated that...

If you have any solution tell me!! thank you!

PbxRecorder will probably be updated sometime, but i've no idea when.

As well as the PbxRecorder with OBS option mentioned above, there is also GPU capture which - see Mikes handy guide https://forums.gameex.com/forums/topic/25055-guide-how-to-setup-gpu-driver-capture-nvidia-only/

• Like 2

It's a real shame since I have to record about 400 videos of tables that I have made POV and that the PBXRecorder makes automatically...
It leaves the BG recorded well but it leaves the video of the playfield static in the first frame...
Something about some CODEC is not taking well in the recording for sure...

A quote from carny priest from vpf :

PinballX and PinballY front-ends use FFMPEG built-in GDI grabbers which will not pick up OpenGL rendered screens. If you have Nvidia then PinballX has an option to use the GPU driver to capture the playfield screen. That should work in theory. Popper should work as it makes use of more recently introduced features of FFMPEG that no longer uses gdigrab.

I have a port of an older version of PBXRecorder that does record Future Pinball/OpenGL using Open Broadcaster Studio (OBS). The script is here:

https://forums.gamee...&comment=192692

Read through the thread. Somebody posted step by step instructions to get it working although it would be based on an older version of OBS. Should be enough to get started.

My newest script is based on OBS and is a very stripped down script feature-wise. It is what I use personally, and I know works with latest AutoHotkey V1 and OBS. It uses GPU hardware acceleration and captures media faster than anything else even with my ancient cabinet PC.

https://forums.gamee...&comment=213953

See https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33552&page=20

• Like 1

I get that there is a workaround but if there is an error prompt it is prudent to try to replicate the error and the variables as best as possible to replicate it so that the app author can review and fix it if possible.

Of course, in retrospect it probably doesn't matter since the app author hasn't been in the forum for a few years,, so carry on! Nothing to see here... 

Well, no error is thrown out.

All is working, but capturing  the GL version of VPX with PinballX or PBX recorder will create a still image instead of the video. Thats how ffmpeg gdi grab is working.

I thought I tested to use another parameter and it could grab the video. But that was more than 7 months ago and can't recall it anymore...

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] PBXRecorder records videos in backglass but in the playfield it records the video with a static image
  • Draco1962 locked this topic