All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX Database Manager Can't Read New Tables Folder for 64-bit Tables

echodun

I installed a 32/64-bit Visual Pinball into one directory.  Created two table folders (Tables for 32-bit and Tables 64 for 64-bit).  When I load Pinball Database Manager I can read the 32-bit tables fine.  When I switch to Visual Pinball 64\Visual Pinball 64.xml I get the following error:

ERROR INFO    :    clXMLfiles_SelectedIndexChanged    Executable [VPinball64.exe] for directory [c:\Gamee\Visual Pinball\Tables 64] is unknown. Cannot check for new/deleted tables

PinballX "Other Systems" appears as follows:

image.png.2c801bb5bcc69e7694ad535ee72b8613.png

If this isn't the way to set up 64-bit tables for use in PinballX, please let me know.  For what it's worth, I can add 64-bit games just fine using Game Manager in the PinballX directory.

Edited by tthurman
Moved>PinballX>General

54 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Hi, please attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files from when the error occurred for review.

See attached.  Thank you.  On a side note, my PinballX is not closing (in Task Manager) upon exit for some reason.  It takes me to desktop, but with no icons at the bottom of the screen and Task Manager shows it's still present.

PinballX.ini log.txt

The exe file fkr 64 bit should be Vpinballx64.exe

Althought this is a bug in DBM that was introduced in the last version.

If you rename the exe it will be a workaround and bug will be fixed, so you can rename the vpinball.exe to any exe.

1 hour ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

The exe file fkr 64 bit should be Vpinballx64.exe

Althought this is a bug in DBM that was introduced in the last version.

If you rename the exe it will be a workaround and bug will be fixed, so you can rename the vpinball.exe to any exe.

Thank you Mike.  That worked.

8 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

I did a quick fix as it is a bug (and we, scutters and I, are really sorry for that).
Can you try with vpinball64.exe again an replace the DBM exe with the following :

PinballX Database Manager.exe 15.03 MB · 0 downloads

Nothing happens when I click this file?  Computer just sits there.  One time I had to select "Run Anyway", but it's not working.

13 minutes ago, echodun said:

Nothing happens when I click this file?  Computer just sits there.  One time I had to select "Run Anyway", but it's not working.

Did you replaced the file in the installation folder of DBM ?

This is just only the modified exe and need all the rest of the files as well. Its not an installer

7 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Did you replaced the file in the installation folder of DBM ?

This is just only the modified exe and need all the rest of the files as well. Its not an installer

Misunderstanding.  Sorry about that.  Sadly, I replaced it and now I'm back to getting that error VPinball64 is unknown.

This is after renaming it back from VPinballX64 to VPinball64 and changing the reference in PinballX.

Edited by echodun

26 minutes ago, echodun said:

Misunderstanding.  Sorry about that.  Sadly, I replaced it and now I'm back to getting that error VPinball64 is unknown.

This is after renaming it back from VPinballX64 to VPinball64 and changing the reference in PinballX.

thanks for testing I will look further

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] PinballX Database Manager Can't Read New Tables Folder for 64-bit Tables
  • Draco1962 locked this topic