All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Auto position DMD height issue?

Wimpie

I'm using the Auto position DMD option.

The VPINMAME DMD is put on the correct monitor, with the correct width. That part works fine. The height, however is NOT correct, the entire DMD is squashed. 

The DMD in PinballX itself is shown just fine, it's the VPINMAME DMD that's not correct.

Sorry, I dont have access to more than one screen for a couple of weeks. Although, im not aware of any issues and perhaps it is related to your other issue. Try and get the playfield on screen one if you can. Or you can disable the auto position if its not working for you,

@Wimpie If you want to turn off the auto position of DMD in PinballX because it's not working for you and your pinmame registry positions all need updating then SetDMD is probably worth a look, https://www.pinballbulbs.com/files/setdmd.html. It's an old program but should do the trick for setting default position for new roms and also update any existing saved positions.

Do make a backup of the vpm registry key first though as it suggests in the notes though (just in case).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wimpie said:

Works fine with SetDMD, that's what I've been using before. But why use an external program when PinballX is supposed to do the same?

If you've run setdmd and set the vpiinmame default position value then you only need to run it once (unless you change your screen order). As it's a set and forget thing with setdmd why have PinballX position the DMD every time you start a SS table?

• Haha 1