All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballXVersion 5.97 x64 Random blocks tending to start PBFX3 tables

ipower

The main difference I see, is that in your 2nd video doflinx is loaded (also in your task manager).

I see your leds next to pf and the animated backglass.

In your 1st video, I dont see doflinx in taskmngr and no pf leds. The camera didnt show the backglass, so not sure if that was working

Edit: I would to suggest to launch doflinx on start of your cabinet just once and leave it running in the background.

I checked and you run it on every table launch now

My assumption is that doflinx causes this issues during the first launch after every rebooot

As I showed you in my video, doflinx is started during log on to windows. I changed the letters on the mx leds from dofflinx to pinball and you see the pf leds. 

• Like 1

A second restart of Pinballx is required to bring down the CPU to acceptable levels
After the second reboot everything works fine again
Thank you

It's true the first video just shows the task manager without Doflinx started
But I guarantee that I tried on first launch of Pinballx with and without Doflinx started and I get the same result.

Doflinx always prefers to start it before everything else

3 hours ago, ipower said:

A second restart of Pinballx is required to bring down the CPU to acceptable levels
After the second reboot everything works fine again
Thank you

You seem to be using restart (application and/or system) and reboot (system) interchangeably. Are you meaning to say

"A second restart of Pinballx is required to bring down the CPU to acceptable levels. After the second <restart of PinballX> everything works fine again."

Exact......

"A second restart of Pinballx is required to bring down the CPU to acceptable levels. After the second <restart of PinballX> everything works fine again."

Ok let me explain better
At the first start of Pinballx excessive CPU consumption
At the second start of Pinballx the problem of excessive CPU consumption seems to disappear and everything seems to return to normal

If you need an explanatory video to better understand the problem, please ask
Thank you for your availability in the answers

Mikes a busy guy so might not have time to have had a look yet.

As you've had some success with Pinaffinity running then maybe you could play around there... As you don't want Pinaffinity running all the time you could launch and close pinaffinity with FX3 tables only via settings, or start PinballX and see what CPU cores are in use and try changing them there before launching FX3 to see if that changes anything (if it does then you could even create a shortcut for pinballx with cpu affinity set - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-set-priority-affinity-with/e7fe5a46-37c8-4277-9d27-60b537c4780a)

Or you could just have PinAffinity running all the time ;).  Sorry, i'm out of other ideas.

23 hours ago, ipower said:

Good morning I just wanted to know if you had the opportunity to look at my .INI file

Thanks for the time you dedicate to me

Sorry for my late response. 

I checked your file, and loaded to my cab. I needed to change some settings, as my paths where differrent.

But your settings file is fine. Nothing can be tweaked to get better cpu performance. 

As we already discussed,  the pinballx lite version helped you a bit, but setting the cpu affinity with PinAffinity helps you more.

As scutters says,  use that program if that fixes your issue. 

Thank you for the time you dedicated to me
I think I solved my problem thanks to a suggestion from an enthusiast like us
He advised me to simply remove a file from the root directory of PINBALL FX3
The file in question is (graphics.cfg)
Now everything seems to work fine cpu level stable from 8 to max 12%
Without using  Pinaffinity
I wanted to share my experience so I could help others
PS I don't know how to put this trend as SOLVED

• Thanks 1

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] PinballXVersion 5.97 x64 Random blocks tending to start PBFX3 tables