All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx crashes on startup (v.17.00 --> v.18.38, still with v.18.50)

smario

After updating as stated above GameEx crashes on startup, ini and log files enclosed.

However… (idk if this may be helpful): I am using Login.exe with three different User Profiles. The crashes only happen with the two profiles that were not in use during the update. The “main” profile being in \GameEX\CONFIG during the update starts just fine.

Thanks for helping me out!

GameEx.ini gameex logfile.txt

Hi tthurman thanks for looking into this. I did use elevated permissions with the install (did an over the top reinstall just now). Same error log.

Hi Draco, thanks to you as well.

Do you mean the GameEx profiles in C:\GameEx\CONFIG\USERS? How would I check those for local admin rights? (For clarification, I am strictly talking about different GameEx users, not Windows User Profiles).

Additionally, I tried to create a new GameEx user profile with the current 18.50 install which worked flawlessly. So there's always the fallback of recreating the broken GameEx user profiles.

1 hour ago, smario said:

Hi Draco, thanks Additionally, I tried to create a new GameEx user profile with the current 18.50 install which worked flawlessly. So there's always the fallback of recreating the broken GameEx user profiles.

I misunderstood and was referring to Windows users so disregard.

It is possible that along the way that the older profiles were broken and will need to be recreated.

Let us know you get on.

• Like 1

Login.exe is an old app and no longer maintained.. I think youve found your own problem there. i will make it legacy and remove it for the next release. Sorry, not what you are looking for I know.

As an alternative you could have seperate installs of GameEx sharing the same media with slight differences.

I mean have seperate installs in different folders. Copy over everything and tweak the configs. Then create shortcuts for the different installs.

• Like 2

OK, I see. Pity though, I really like that feature although I can imagine it's probably not widely used in the community.

21 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I mean have seperate installs in different folders. Copy over everything and tweak the configs. Then create shortcuts for the different installs.

That's perfectly viable for me, thanks. I think I'll go down that road.

Thanks for helping me out, as always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1