All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

64bit PBX DOF no longer initializes for Pinball X

Spitfire

Since setting up 64Bit VPX, DOF no longer initializes for Pinball X. When i open the Plugin Manger it says working and see the new DOF path. But logs show not initializing. See log. Any ideas how to fix?

AB41E51D-1029-4752-98F9-E5A67A68A702.jpeg

In trying to fix now plugin manager is showing 64bit dof path and plugin log given different error. Still no Pinball X DOF. 
could it be because the new 64 bit DOF setup has moved the directoutput folder location?

8183868A-35C5-4484-9288-811E54CEC56B.jpeg

1617992E-E21D-4B1B-AAEF-8D0BF6578608.jpeg

Did you have an issue with PinballX DOF plugin not initializing maybe due to the path change for 64bit?

As DOF in Pinball X no longer works for me but still functions in VPX 32 and 64 bit versions. 

7 hours ago, Spitfire said:

could it be because the new 64 bit DOF setup has moved the directoutput folder location?

Didn't you create a new folder, and put the 64 bit files in it?

I also noticed in your log:

0:29:47.66  22/03/2023:  Loaded Plugin:"DirectOutput PinballX Plugin" Version 1 By Swisslizard
10:29:47.75  22/03/2023:  PlugIn Did not initialize. Disabling PlugIn

Go to your 32bit dof folder and run the register app again.

Check the plugin if that is fine.

Edit: I'm more awake now. Your first screenshot shows that it cannot find a specific file. During initializing of PBX DOF can be found, but when using DOF, it is missing a component. 

Your 2nd screenshot, the message shows that it would like to load a dll thats not supported. 

Not sure, but think the dof plugin is 32 bit and if you like to talk with dof itseld, it needs a 32 bit as well

So the first pic shows when the path in pluginmanager was pointing to the new 32bit directout output folder. 
the second log is now it is pointing to the new 64bit plugin folder. 
i have tried to reregister the 32bit dof version it says ok but the PinballX plugin manager still points to the 64bit folder. 
how can i point to to the 32bit direct output folder. 
i saw elsewhere people saying to delete all registry values for direct output and reregister but tried that and still didnt work??

need to be able to move 32 bit folder back to tables plugins folder and then reregister 32bit dof so pinballX plugin works again.

might have to rollback to a restore point where pinballX dof was working and setup 64bit again which will be a big pain in the butt!! 🤣

Yeah ... restore point (or backup) is maybe better.

I didnt registrated the 64 bit! Only copied the config files and downloaded the latest zip and extracted that.

I should not go to the route to go in the registry. I did that for b2sserver, and still not working correctly (but more people has that issue)

• 6 months later...

I had the same issue, my system had the 32 bit Direct Output installed in a ‘DirectOutput’ folder and the 64 bit version in ‘Directoutput64’ the issue occurred when I registered the 64 bit version (which is not necessary). At that point the PinballX plug-in would only find the DirectOutput64 path which causes the plug-in to fail.

I fixed this by:

1. Making a full copy of the DirectOutput64 folder and renaming it ‘DirectOutputPlugin’ 

2. Going into the DirectOutputPlugin folder and running the DirectOutputCom registration tool

3. Deleting the entire contents of the DirectOutputPlugin folder 

4. making a copy of the contents of the DirectOutput folder into the DirectOutputPlugin folder 

This fixes the issue as the registry now sends the PinballX Direct Output plugin to the DirectOutputPlugin folder which has the working 32 bit files. It retains the original Direct Output folder structure which, as they are called by VP from the VP 32 and 64 bit plugin folder shortcuts, is unaffected.

A few notes:

- You will only get this issue if you run the 64 bit Direct Output Com registration tool, If that has not been run you have a different issue. It’s easy to check by simply running the PinballX Direct Output plugin configuration and seeing which version of Direct Output the plugin is pointing to. 

- Make sure that you have a working VP installation first that’s calling the right 32/64 but version of Direct Output

- Back everything up first, just in case, please.

- When you have finished you can delete the majority of files and folders from the  DirectOutputPlugin folder if you wish, you really only need the Dll, Com object, the five DirectOutput files downloaded from the online tool and the ‘Config’ folder. You don’t need to do this but I am OCD driven and like a tidy setup.

- It’s a good idea to update the Plugin to Mike’s rather excellent tweaked version which is in the download section.

Hope this helps out.

• Like 1