All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Another Non PinMAME tables (GOT/CCC) - Focus issue

Schreibi34

Same here! The one thing i noticed is that GOT has a longer loading time then the rest of the tables. On my system when i start GOT it will show the loading image, then after a few seconds "Loading" disappears (black screen), and then about 6-8 sec. later the loading image will pop up again! Table will start under the loading image. After about 20 sec. the image will disappear again and the desktop / editor will show up! Alt-Tab and the table is showing.

For all tables that are working, they all start before the loading image is showing up for the 2nd time! This is also happening when using table images instead of loading images! I really believe that it would work if the loading screen would only show up once!

@scutters @grunger

6 hours ago, Schreibi34 said:

Same here! The one thing i noticed is that GOT has a longer loading time then the rest of the tables. On my system when i start GOT it will show the loading image, then after a few seconds "Loading" disappears (black screen), and then about 6-8 sec. later the loading image will pop up again! Table will start under the loading image. After about 20 sec. the image will disappear again and the desktop / editor will show up! Alt-Tab and the table is showing.

For all tables that are working, they all start before the loading image is showing up for the 2nd time! This is also happening when using table images instead of loading images! I really believe that it would work if the loading screen would only show up once!

@scutters @grunger

Please attach your log.txt after reproducing the issues

Also attach your pinballx.ini. 

Mynloading video is launching directly after launching a table, visual pinball is launching in the background and when game is fully launched, the loading media is removed and table focus is set. If you dont have loading media, you will not have a seamless transistion 

2 hours ago, Schreibi34 said:

Thanks.

I see the following in your log

PinMame Not detected. Potentially loading DMD image/video

Do you have "hide dmd" unchecked ? Looks like the game starts, and focus is set to dmd because of this. Try to check this box (i thought it uses flex dmd, right?)

@Schreibi34Do you run VPX in exclusive fullscreen, and if so if you turn that off do does GOT then launch without any focus issues (as it does for @grunger)?

If i had the issue i'd be tempted to play around with the GOT table script too, maybe move the DMD_Init call to the top of the Table1_Init (to try force the flex dmd to initialise before the table). That might help.

Thanks guys!

All boxes are checked for all tables. So everything is "hidden". My setup is only images (PF + BG), sound and topper videos if available! That's it! 

Yes, i'm running VPX in FES. I haven't tried windowed yet because it's not an option for me. I doubt that GOT would run smooth on my system!

Every table starts fine when it starts while the first "loading" screen is shown. It's also OK when it starts while the screen is black ("loading" disappeared).

The 2nd "loading" screen is what steals the focus. When does your table start @Mike_da_Spike? Does your setup start the table while the screen is still black? Could you check that with the standard "loading" screen (no video)?

@Schreibi34Here's a video from my system.

I use a real DMD, so didn't capture that.
I renamed my "loading videos" folder, so it uses the Loading images folder.

During Video, you see during loading 2 times a black screen.
Thats not what I see on the cabinet. 
I just see the loading image and that will switch to game.

Game is focused directly

and here is a video how I see it on the cabinet (not recorded at the same time):

Comparing the log file, I see a difference with FES

Your logfile isn't doing the FES hack :

image.png.0a8348063e94285e428e2bc6fc6aea34.png

As my log shows :

06:34:49.74  16-1-2023:  Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Pinball\PinballX\Media\Loading Videos'.
06:34:49.88  16-1-2023:  C:\Pinball\Visual pinball\VPinballX.exe -play "C:\Pinball\Visual pinball\Tables\VPX\Game of Thrones LE (Stern 2015) VPW v1.0.1.vpx"  -ExtMinimized
06:34:49.90  16-1-2023:  C:\Pinball\PinballX\vpauto.exe 
06:34:54.20  16-1-2023:  VPX Full screen exclusive mode detected
06:34:54.20  16-1-2023:  VPX Full screen exclusive focus hack set
06:35:14.15  16-1-2023:  Exit System Control Pressed

But I don't see the message of the VPINMAME not detected in my log
EDIT :

For testing, try to swap your visual Pinball system with your system 2 (VP9 vs VPX), as system 2 doesn't have the option for FSE hack

When setting FSE hack in the Visual Pinball System, the System 2 that is set to Visual Pinball as system type will use the FSE hack as well.

What I don't understand, is that you launch PinballX and rotate the screen, during game launch, you rotate the screen again.
During PinballX launch, I set my screen to portrait mode, PinballX set rotation to 270 , and leave for most systems the system alone. VP is se to use portrait mode as well

image.png.7c53eb088ea4837d1dbde5fb89f1165b.png

image.png.a6f0d3da579804f2db2940eaa7c4a429.png

7 minutes ago, Schreibi34 said:

Thanks Mike!

Loading does not look like that on my system! Your start sequence is nice and clean! I always thought the black screen is part of the loading process! But apparently it's not! I will try the FSE hack next!

I modified the above post a bit when you replied to it.
Check that as well.
I think you see black screens because of the rotations you do.
When I use Loading videos I have a seamless transition 

• Like 1

The reason i have to do the rotation is that i build the base of my tabletop cab before i knew about VPX and PinballX! The Monitor is mounted 180° upside down to what VPX / Pinball X wants (bottom of the monitor to the left??). Maybe a newer PBX allows me to compensate that! The last time i tried to get that right was maybe 6 years ago!

There is only so much you can expect the frontend to do. Maybe:

- Try using a program like iRotate to flip the display?

- Flip the monitor 180 deg right-side up? 

Just a few suggestions. :P

1 hour ago, Schreibi34 said:

The reason i have to do the rotation is that i build the base of my tabletop cab before i knew about VPX and PinballX! The Monitor is mounted 180° upside down to what VPX / Pinball X wants (bottom of the monitor to the left??). Maybe a newer PBX allows me to compensate that! The last time i tried to get that right was maybe 6 years ago!

My bottom of my monitor is also on the left if I stand in front of my cabinet (see the video made with my phone)
PinbvallX is starting with 270 degrees and no need to rotate the screen during VPX launch (see screenshots of my VP settings).
I think the checkbox in VP is the "Use always FS backdrop .."just under the resolution part.

Give this a try and don't rotate your screen during launch of VP (just not enable the start start)

It doesn't matter how you mou ted your TV /monitor.

Within windows you can set it to any direction as well

just try to set the tv during launch of pinballx with a startup to portrait mode, where the monitor is 180 degrees rotated. Set in pinballx settings to rotate 270 degrees (this should show the screen normal when you are in front of the cab).

You wont have to rotate during launch of vp (If setting the settings in vp as I showed).

This will also show your loading images/videos in the correct position during table launch

So, i completely removed the display rotation! That newer versions of PBX seem to have already ignored the display rotation program. Screen orientation works as it should without it! Last time i fooled around with the screen rotation was about 5 years ago!

But no luck with the focus! It's still "Loading" - black screen - "Loading" then table starts under "Loading" and after about 10secs the desktop / editor is shown on the PF monitor. Alt/Tab brings the focus to the table!

If you see anything in the new log files, let me know!  Thanks guys!

log.txt SetupWizard.log XDMDlog.txt

17:22:09.67  17.01.2023:  C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\vpinballx.exe /play -"C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\Tables\Game of Thrones LE (Stern 2015) VPW v1.0.2.vpx"
17:22:09.69  17.01.2023:  C:\Pinball\PinballX\vpauto.exe 
17:22:15.24  17.01.2023:  VPX Full screen exclusive mode detected
17:22:15.24  17.01.2023:  VPX Full screen exclusive focus hack set
17:22:39.33  17.01.2023:  Visual Pinball Player window foreground: 30

Log looks much better and cannot see an issue that causes the focus issue.

I only see a minus sign before your table location and name, but this should not cause an issue.

Not sure if you want to try the following (i will test this tommorow as well, as I have a strange feeling about this):

Can you switch system "visual pinball" and "system 2"? 

Your visual pinball system is pointing to vp9 and system 2 to vpx. I will explain below how to accomplish this.

Best is to copy your complete pinballx directory to another location as backup, so yiu can always switch back to your working pinballx setup.

Disable your system 2 and create a new system  for vp9

Rename the "pinballx\media\visual pinball" to the new system name of vp9

Also copy your pinball\database\visual pinball\visual pinball.xml to the new database directory for vp9. Also rename the xml to the new directory name.

Now change your visual pinball system to the setup for vpx.

Copy the "pinballx\media\visual pinball x" to "pinballx\media\visual pinball" and copy your "pinball\database\visual pinball x\visual pinball x.xml to pinball\database\visual pinball\visual pinball.xml"

If you want your statistics updated as wel, you neec to wait until I'm at the cabinet again ( around 4.30 cet tommorow)

This is all on top of my head and hope it make sense and fixes your issue

• 3 weeks later...