All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

System underlays (Straight and Curved)

Mike_da_Spike

HIRez00 created a long time ago some underlays for me.
He asked me to NOT distribute them, and I respected that.
As I understand from him, he was massive fallout, backlash and accusations for his latest release of Halloween.

Some big names (I will not mention them by name) slammed him publicly and even went as far to get him banned / thrown off of Facebook, which was the last straw for him.

He will no longer be posting any of his creations for the VPX community to download freely on any public site.
But he gave me permission to post his underlays.

The files are all 4k
If put the underlays on FTP with suffix [HIRez00 4K] in the name on /-PinballX-/Media/System Underlays and can be downloaded easily with Database manager

image.png.6c34bdb403ce80069cdbe03096c2507e.png

Here are some examples:

image.thumb.png.7a45426767ad35b2c2398194646215a6.png

I re-created some of those files in red and resolution is 2k (1440x2560) as my playfield monitor is just QHD

Also on FTP with Suffix [Mike DA Spike 2k]

image.png.f826e10e2d716d96ca4acc4af35b2116.png

Here are some examples as well :

image.thumb.png.a72ec0db64d53fe14bffc4e7cc8ee4af.png

I want to thank HIRez00 for all his great work and contribution for the pinball community in the past years.
Thanks buddy, I really appreciate the work you did !

Within PBX it can show like this :

Naamloos.thumb.png.0e74a63a515af296f56eb1ae670bc58b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mike_da_Spike changed the title to System underlays (Straight and Curved)
  • 2 weeks later...

@Mike_da_Spikethanks for these, i switched to them in my setup, but i rescaled them to 1080x1920 as well as create a few others for systems i have (pinball hd collection, pinball deluxe reloaded etc).

Initially i was confused as why they would not display... They did display however if in settings.exe the setting about underlay placement is set to original it will start displaying them somewhere at the bottom and since the top of the images was transparent and the bottom part that contained image data was drawn offscreen it appeared as if they did not show / were not working. The solution is simple though but it was something i was not aware off you need to set the underlay placement to fill screen and preferably use an image that equals your playfield resolutions. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, joyrider3774 said:

@Mike_da_Spikethanks for these, i switched to them in my setup, but i rescaled them to 1080x1920 as well as create a few others for systems i have (pinball hd collection, pinball deluxe reloaded etc).

Initially i was confused as why they would not display... They did display however if in settings.exe the setting about underlay placement is set to original it will start displaying them somewhere at the bottom and since the top of the images was transparent and the bottom part that contained image data was drawn offscreen it appeared as if they did not show / were not working. The solution is simple though but it was something i was not aware off you need to set the underlay placement to fill screen and preferably use an image that equals your playfield resolutions. 

I don't undertand how the settings.exe actually use the setting original and fill screen.

image.png.05076cd6167d32369af2471eb5841174.png

So I made the complete screen to fit.

and yes, not all systems are there, just the most common ones

3 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

I don't undertand how the settings.exe actually use the setting original and fill screen.

fill screen is obious it will resize the image to fill the screen, however (the default it seems) original is less obvious, it will start displaying the image at a specifc Y position on the screen basically at the topmost height of the wheel bar or something. like it will resize the picture to rectangle at the bottom of the wheel bar, it only make's sense if the images are the same size as the original image that is supplied with it (if any). If not it's better to set it to fill as we did and keep using full screen under / overlays. as you can not achieve what you did with these (or any other full screen over/underlays) with the original setting 

• 8 months later...

not sure if peopel wants more,

But I created also a template for desktop users :
I uploaded now Zen's Pinball FX and Visual Pinball X, and this is how it shows in PinballX (images are in HD 1920x1080)
Let me know if you need more undrlays

image.thumb.png.23192a4993d5f2b5ea440eee0c4293ee.png

image.png.04755e8ffe03d652527363a81360b730.png

EDIT : I also made a 'default' PinballX one and put it on FTP :

image.thumb.png.d162864dc698a7747573e83b643ed00a.png

Edited by Mike_da_Spike
Added default PinballX
  • Like 1