All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Take A Trip Down Memory Lane With These Classic Video Game Websites

tthurman

Ah, the good old days when everything crawled blazingly fast in at 56k speeds (if you were lucky) at a snail's pace over dial-up.

Who doesn't remember anxiously waiting for the last few graphics to finally load in anticipation of clicking the next available smorgasbord of links?

The internet of those days is certainly gone, but it's fun to look back at some of these sites that shared similarities with these early designs.  Naughty Dog's site especially reminds me of sites from those days.

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2022/10/gallery-take-a-trip-down-memory-lane-with-these-classic-video-game-websites

• 1 year later...

Nostalgia hits hard when we think about those early days of the internet. The excitement of waiting for web pages to load at a snail's pace over dial-up connections is a unique memory. It's like a trip down memory lane to revisit those classic video game websites. Naughty Dog's site does have that charming old-school vibe. While I'm a CS:GO fan, I've recently dived into the CS2 skins scene, adding a fresh twist to the game. Do you have any favorite classic gaming websites or memories from the early internet days? Let's share some digital nostalgia!

I still have mu Supra Modem 2400 that ran my Atari 8-bit BBS. My US Robotics 56k external took a lightning strike and I moved on to Bellsouth DSL.

I still get chills when I hear the modem call and handshake sound!