All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[GUIDE] Pinball Deluxe Reloaded has added table launch commandline options

Just came by to mention this, but it seems there is a new game you can add to your cabinets as Pinbal deluxe reloaded has added commandline parameters to launch tables directly. I have not tested it yet though but do own the game so if someone wants to play around with it here's the relevant info https://steamcommunity.com/app/678310/discussions/0/5545618081303600991/?tscn=1666295054

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will admit that I am not familiar with this system as I had to step away from my pincab due to too many things commanding my attention. 

Thanks for the information as I am sure that many will start playing with the new features in earnest!

So i got it working, but there are few things you should know...

1) you need to use irotate or so to rotate the screen and you also need to rotate your screen once initially outside of pinballx and setup the resolution and keys inside the game. you can assign all keys but be aware you need to have a key for the enter/return key mapped on any of your cabinet buttons as well if you want to replay a table after game over (you just press enter then)

2) after doing the initial setup never launch the game in landscape mode again but only launch it through pinballx or always in portrait mode if you don't do that it will reset the video resolution and it will look weird when launching from within pinball x

3) you do not need to unlock the celtic table it seems to play it you can just launch it using this system

4) you need to press the launch / plunger button to launch to start a game, as soon as the ball is in play the screen with mods and powerball thingie goes away

Thats basically it.

I'll show you my settings for a full hd (1920x1080 playfield screen)

image.thumb.png.31a79dc45431c44ac29c2c2bbda6f9a5.png

Launch before script to rotate the screen using irotate, launch my backglass displayer to display a backglass while playing (imagemonitor view, it's available on github ) and launch dmdext to mirror the score part to my 1920x1080 3rd screen for scores. I only used half that screen. You will probably have to adopt the values for dmdext

powershell -Command "Start-Process 'irotate.exe' '/2:rotate=90 /exit' -Verb runAs -WorkingDirectory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\iRotate\'"

start Image_Monitor_View.exe 0 "C:\PinballX\Media\Pinball Deluxe Reloaded\Backglass Images\%1.png"

start "" /min dmdext.exe mirror --source=screen --position=0 0 1080 97 --destination=virtual --virtual-stay-on-top --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position=2360 540 1920 540 --virtual-dotsize=1.1

Launch after script to rotate screen back, kill dmdext and imagemonitor view

taskkill /IM taskkill /IM Image_Monitor_View.exe
taskkill /IM dmdext.exe
taskkill /IM ffplay.exe
powershell -Command "Start-Process 'irotate.exe' '/2:rotate=0 /exit' -Verb runAs -WorkingDirectory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\iRotate\'"

The database file:Pinball Deluxe Reloaded.xml

Here is a zip file with backglass pictures, table's i use as wheels and a system video (see below for some examples) i extracted these from the game in past Pinball Deluxe Reloaded.zip

examples:

apparatus.thumb.png.c1fe43bcbdf24a2995b53a474b15e9d3.pngbagaball.thumb.png.982c5ac82e726a9768f9010d03de766c.png

tradewinds.thumb.png.145103534061e6bd8f63d3c75c801e0c.png

underwater.thumb.png.e198c00adbd1fd4bae8e2228993abcbe.png

• Like 1

• Draco1962 changed the title to [GUIDE] Pinball Deluxe Reloaded has added table launch commandline options
  • Draco1962 pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Primo said:

Do you happen have a working script for pinup popper to run Pinball deluxe?

Not sure if you are aware. But here we discuss PinballX as a frontend, and pinup popper is the other frontend ...

As Joyrider expained the complete parameters, it must be easy to move it over to any frontend B)

• 4 months later...