All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball x stranger things

Rpags7474

Hello guys, 

The community was able to help me with issues regarding my stranger things table I had to delete 2 blocks in the script to get the table to run. Now I’ve tried running it on pinball X and the screen goes black and crashes. I will be able to post files when I get home. Really appreciate the help and feedback from everyone. This table is throwing me for a loop.

The original post was for just starting the table on my computer with visual pinball, last night I tried uploading it on pinball x and it freezes. So scutters did help me get it to work on visual pinball but I just found out it doesn’t work on pinball x. What logs should I post? 

Ok, than it is properly not setup correvtly in pinballx.

Maybe wrong file name. Databasemanager can 'identify' tables that are not correct and mark them as obsolete a d tables that aren't added, are marked as new.

Databasemanager will add your vpx file from your pinballx directory and check if all your files in your xml exists.

As mentioned, your log file doesnt shows a launch. For you it looks like it launches something, but returns to pinballx. Thats the behaviour when pbx cannot find the table file in the table path.

Edit: does it shows obsolete files in DBM? 

Try selecting the table, click the select file button and select your table again from the list

I really don't have a clue what is going on with your table.

I made a small video to show, that will show the table in DBM, shows that the file name exists, and can be launched via PinballX and shows fine in the log file, maybe because of this, you find something that is wrong on your cab

Its definitely a strange issue! (:D)

@Rpags7474Can you confirm what happens when you try to launch stranger things via PinballX, does PinballX just crash out to the desktop? (it looks like that from the log)... if that's the case are there any errors in the event viewers application log (https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/)

8 hours ago, scutters said:

Its definitely a strange issue! (:D)

@Rpags7474Can you confirm what happens when you try to launch stranger things via PinballX, does PinballX just crash out to the desktop? (it looks like that from the log)... if that's the case are there any errors in the event viewers application log (https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/)

I dont think it is crashing, but pbx doesn't launch visual pinball at all

Pinball x just tries to load the screen goes black and nothing happens, I hit Ctrl Alt Delete, then a prompt will say pinball x not responding do you want to close. I’ll look into the vid tomorrow mike hopefully I find something… I tried redownloading the table but same deals won’t work on PX

@Rpags7474Is the pinballx.ini file you attached earlier correct?

It has AutoPositionB2S=True set, but in your log files i don't see a corresponding Writing ScreenRes.txt line (for either the working roller coaster tycoon or the non working stranger things).

The Writing ScreenRes.txt line in the log file would normally appear after the Set Plugin data line (which is the last line in the stranger things log file so it could be important), if you've changed any settings while troubleshooting please attach a new copy of the ini and log files.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rpags7474 said:

I haven’t changed any settings and will post the files when I get home again. I don’t know what that screeners.txt is. But I do know roller coaster tycoon and all my other tables work. 

Screenres.txt is a VPX file used by the backglass for position info (it's in your visual pinball\tables folder)

Pinballx can perform an 'auto config' of that file (so VPX inherits the pinballx settings) by using this setting

image.png.bb0e8a1ddac6541b82e78c8bedf172d2.png

Try turning that setting off, then retest and re-attach new files, cheers.