All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Volume issue

davy33

for the moment i'm  on my volume "problem"...

i try to make a script ( my first one... it's not easy because my english is poor and ahk help is in english!)

i've made this one (attached) it works! but only one time ... i push button but after it no longer work!

and i want to made "hold down a button + another one = volume up/down)

can u help me please (perhaps in MP for not flood forum)

Nouveau AutoHotkey Script.ahk

• Draco1962 changed the title to PinballX Volume issue

I'm totally not a AHK user and my English is a poor as well, so hope yo understand what I try to say.

So you want to mount 2 of your joystick button to do send keys that will adjust the volume ?
You must have a lot of joystick buttons, as I have 14 in total in my cabinet and running out of buttons :D 

But if you want to wait for input keys, your script must be in a loop, and not waiting for a 1 time key press.

Loop{
#IfWinActive, ahk_class VPPlayer
1Joy3::
Send {Down down}
return
1Joy4::
Send {Up down}
return
}

Not sure if this works, but I should do it like this. This will come in a infinitive loop.
Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

I'm totally not a AHK user and my English is a poor as well, so hope yo understand what I try to say.

So you want to mount 2 of your joystick button to do send keys that will adjust the volume ?
You must have a lot of joystick buttons, as I have 14 in total in my cabinet and running out of buttons :D 

But if you want to wait for input keys, your script must be in a loop, and not waiting for a 1 time key press.

Loop{
#IfWinActive, ahk_class VPPlayer
1Joy3::
Send {Down down}
return
1Joy4::
Send {Up down}
return
}

Not sure if this works, but I should do it like this. This will come in a infinitive loop.
Hope this helps.

thx for the help! ur script work but always same problem the script works ont time... i had to click outside vpplayer and reclick inside for the script work again

by the way i have a script that control w10 sound directly but it works only when i click on desktop if im on vpplayer it dont work anymore

im admirative of persons who program tons of lines script lol

Wouldn't dedicated buttons be preferable to joystick to leverage the built-in key codes or using Joy2Key or similar alternatives to programatically convert joystick output to assigned keypresses? I understand if that is not possible, just throwing that out there.

• Like 1

I think you're attempting to re-use existing buttons to make them dual purpose? E.g. during game a nudge button and a flipper press as the same time will adjust volume, but one at a time will be normal gameplay?. I suspect that if you do get this to work it will be far from ideal, and when adjusting volume the in game nudge will also fire along with a flipper.

Maybe you could try something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ecarke-Keyboard-Mechanical-Keyboards-Programming/dp/B096ZR72QV/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=usb%2Bmini%2Bkeyboard&qid=1636459090&sr=8-11&th=1 mounted out of site under the cab or something if you don't want more visible buttons on the cab?. Note - i don't have one so i can't confirm how well they work, but the description indicates it can work for windows volume control (or you could map it as a key input for volume in pinballx?).. 2 key version for vol up/down or a 3 key version for up/down & mute etc.

I have a Streamdeck for missing buttons or joystick controls.

It is a 3x5 button bar, where you can add your own pictures and actions to it. 

I have also windows volume mapped (up and down), pinemhi that uses vjoy (so I dont loose keyboard keys), pinballx pauze key and if zen fx3 launched, it just show the keyboard arrows and enter key to navigate.

little bit more expensive, but a very cool addition to the hardware

20210521_061749.jpg

20210529_124357.jpg

4 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

15 keys $149.99 USD https://www.elgato.com/en/stream-deck

6 keys $79.99 USD https://www.elgato.com/en/stream-deck-mini

I may have to invest in one of these!

If you buy one of those, do not put them behind an usb hib, but plug them directly into an usb port. That will save you hours of investigation for unpredicted behaviour on your cabinet. 

The price is a bit high for just a simple keuboard, but what did the compleet cabinet cost in total ? :cheers:

• Thanks 1