All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Jump to an especific table

pepeleches

5 hours ago, pepeleches said:

Hello everybody.

Is there any chance to go to an especific table in pinballx?

When you have many tables it,s difficult and slow to play a specific table. You must jump from one to one.

Any filter for jumping to the tables that begin with "s", for exemple?

Well, i have 900 vpx tables, and as @scutterssaid, with page buttons,  you can jump to next/previous letter. That makes it a lot faster to search.

The only issue, if you dont know the exact table name : is "the adams family" or did you put it at "adams family" for example.

Tom created an api for pinballx. 

You can set it up and if you are internet connected, you can use for example Google assistant and say "start table "adams family" for pinballx.

If command is correct, your pinball cabinet will launch it.

Check your gameex profile page and api. Set up with ifttt (if this, than that)your google or siri account  and set your api command with the text you want to use.

1 hour ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

@scutters, as you are the one that does all the magic with plugins, is there a way with a plugin to manipulate the wheel ?With other words, can a plugin be created, that let the wheel jump to a table?

Not sure a plugin could interact with the wheel without being creative....  but what game would it then select? However the table name is entered it's going to be a lot of button presses anyway as far as i can see, so not sure it would even help either.

19 minutes ago, scutters said:

Not sure a plugin could interact with the wheel without being creative....  but what game would it then select? However the table name is entered it's going to be a lot of button presses anyway as far as i can see, so not sure it would even help either.

Well, you have a creative mind and very smart. 

I was thinking about and input field (search box), where you see a onscreen keybpard and can move and select with buttons. When something typed, maybe shows thpse on a list and when a table is selected, it jumps to that entry in the wheel. 

Maybe a feature request for Tom, but maybe a nice project for you

Hmm, still quite a lot of button pressing involved in that!.

Maybe best as a feature request for PinballX to add a jump by 5 tables in the wheel, or by 5 letters in the alphabet if a a flipper or page button is used in conjunction with another button instead of single table / single alphabet letter?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 8:31 PM, scutters said:

Hmm, still quite a lot of button pressing involved in that!.

Maybe best as a feature request for PinballX to add a jump by 5 tables in the wheel, or by 5 letters in the alphabet if a a flipper or page button is used in conjunction with another button instead of single table / single alphabet letter?

Hi Scutters maybe you Can have a look at the hyperspin plugin "hypersearch" ? Maybe it possible to create a Fake dmd overlay to enter 3 letters like a highscore table to jump to one table?  Ex "elv" jump to elvira party monster

On 11/26/2021 at 1:14 PM, davy33 said:

Hi Scutters maybe you Can have a look at the hyperspin plugin "hypersearch" ? Maybe it possible to create a Fake dmd overlay to enter 3 letters like a highscore table to jump to one table?  Ex "elv" jump to elvira party monster

I've given it some thought..  A plugin maybe isn't the best solution for something like that as the plugin would need to know when it is meant to be in use rather than the pinballx wheel navigation (so you'd need another button to turn it on/off) - and it can't really tell pinballx to launch something (it can only amend the command then when a user launches a table). It might be possible to create an app that goes in the application menu instead that could search with some form of alphanumeric selections, with a list of matching games and then launch a game of choice via the pinballx online api..  but, my guess is that method would be slower than selecting a game via the PinballX wheel with more button presses to get to the same place.

As you're a supporting member the pinballx api is available to you so maybe voice control would be easiest (the functionality already exists) and quickest to use (no buttons to press at all). 

• Like 1