All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

--== Chasing Nostalgia ==--

tthurman

I can't get into collecting arcades. I would want at least 3 or four and don't have the space for more than my MAME cab. I'd want a driving cab (like crusin USA or Hydro Thunder), shooting cab like HOTD, MK2, and some kind of pinball. I'd throw a mister in each of the arcades so I could play that genera of game on each type of cab. But then I start thinking about the different types of wheels, seats, stick shifters, HOTAS, joysticks, spinner games, etc. What about pinball?! I couldn't stop at four! Better not to go down that path.

So I force myself to keep it all contained to my MAME cab. I would like to eventually make a sit down driving cab. Maybe design it with wheel, stick shifter, pedals, and HOTAS to cover most bases. And maybe a visual pinball cab. You know, a jack of all trades approach to keep it contained to one room. But there are some choice cabs I'd love to own.

There's nothing like the real thing baby!  MAME is just a way to get there quickly, albeit with mostly subpar controls simply due to the vast range the cabinets themselves represented.  With the MiSTerCade, these classics should hold up quite some time, well unless FPGA core development suddenly tanks.  I think it's awesome to see these collections being maintained, and boy does it take me back.  There was no feeling like the one you got being in the arcade!

• tthurman changed the title to --== Chasing Nostalgia ==--