All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[GUIDE] Zaccaria Finally Has Direct Table Launch

5 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

Try "The" not "the" i will verify my guide and pinballx database Correct tablenames are "Shooting The Rapids" not "Shooting the Rapids"

edit: yup my guide had the typo's i correct it, will verify the database tommorow, need some sleep now§

that did "The" trick :P 

I tried a lot to get it to work, but not the capital T
Thanks mate !

Not sure if you saw my question before :

Can I do a request for you PinballXlauncher program ?
If a key is pressed for navigation (So not launching), can the timer be reset ?
Maybe it's because of me, but the menu is too big to navigate trough it (I also have it with FX3 ...) Maybe because I'm getting too old and not too quick anymore

2 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Not sure if you saw my question before :

Yes, I saw it, but the timer is actually there as a safety precaution. You see pinballx tries to detect "ZaccariaPinball.exe" running as we have written that inside the settings to be detected but if that process is not detected within a certain time limit Pinballx will return to it's menu's and you'll end up with the launcher still running and being in the menu's or Having zaccaria pinball launch just at the time when pinballx returns to the menu's. The timer was added to prevent this from happening and to make sure zaccaria pinball  (or any other game) is launched on time before pinballx would return to its menu's

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if I’m saying this right, so bare with me, but in the past, when I add a new table to my launcher, I go into notebook ++ and add in the new game, for example: 

<game name="robotdeluxe">

What im trying to find it the new game names (even The Whole xml) for the new postal tables. They just released a new four pack of tables, Postal 2. 

34 minutes ago, roccodimarco said:

Not sure if I’m saying this right, so bare with me, but in the past, when I add a new table to my launcher, I go into notebook ++ and add in the new game, for example: 

<game name="robotdeluxe">

What im trying to find it the new game names (even The Whole xml) for the new postal tables. They just released a new four pack of tables, Postal 2. 

Gotcha, didn't check steam yet, and I didn't bought the postal packs, but isn't it just the names that Steam gave on the website ?

Zaccaria Pinball - POSTAL 2 Table Pack on Steam (steampowered.com)

I should try these names :
POSTAL 2 Retro
POSTAL 2 SS
POSTAL 2 Remake
POSTAL 2 Deluxe

• Draco1962 changed the title to [GUIDE] Zaccaria Finally Has Direct Table Launch
  • 1 year later...

Hi All,

Any update on this topic as I cannot launch Postal Redux, Postal 2 Table Packs and Zombie Invasion from command prompt.

Anyone with the Table Names, not Display Names, as for me only using the table name works?

examples: works with "aerobatics" for Aerobatics (Magic Pixel 1977), same with "aerobaticsretro" for Retro Version.

Thanks

10 hours ago, padps said:

Any update on this topic as I cannot launch Postal Redux, Postal 2 Table Packs and Zombie Invasion from command prompt.

Not sure what update you expect in this post.
all is working from command prompt

10 hours ago, padps said:

Anyone with the Table Names, not Display Names, as for me only using the table name works?

examples: works with "aerobatics" for Aerobatics (Magic Pixel 1977), same with "aerobaticsretro" for Retro Version.

Thanks

Tables names should be defined as noted in the following post :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2545556227

The table name "aerobaticsretro" is incorrect; the correct usage is "Aerobatics Retro."
If an incorrect table name is initiated, the screen will go black (loading Zaccaria) and directly closes itself, similar to the behavior when accessing a table you do not own.
I have installed Zaccaria this morning on my test system, configured it swiftly, and everything was functioning properly.
also from command line and from PinballX

Make sure you have the latest version of Zaccaria from Steam as well and check if all The DLC's are installed 
To check the DLC's installed.
click on the gear icon (1) in Steam and select properties(2)

image.thumb.png.319948669805ac96430140d7b5eeaa80.png

click on the DLC (3) tab and check if all the DLC you purchased are checked (4)
Scroll (5) when needed

image.png.2691f97b113c13f99a4a1c41528a8287.png

Launching Zaccaria and you will see "Buy it now" will not do a direct launch
image.thumb.png.1313570110d4863ec01c3ce163c5a87d.png
image.thumb.png.1091d22c76810be3bc7151f1e9bae2f9.png

Tables without the "buy it now" do a direct table launch

I hope this help 

• Like 1

It's disappointing. I dedicated two hours to testing, installing, taking screenshots, and typing a post with all the necessary information because you mentioned it wasn't working. Yet, you request the XML, which  had already ben posted.
Nevertheless, being the nice person that I am (no comments, @scutters :P), I've included it here once more.

Zaccaria.xml

4 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

It's disappointing. I dedicated two hours to testing, installing, taking screenshots, and typing a post with all the necessary information because you mentioned it wasn't working. Yet, you request the XML, which  had already ben posted.
Nevertheless, being the nice person that I am (no comments, @scutters :P), I've included it here once more.

Zaccaria.xml 74.75 kB · 0 downloads

Has this been updated in the FTP? I found several with older dates on the FTP site under:

/-PinballX-/Databases/Zaccaria

/-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Joyrider3774/Zaccaria Pinball/Database/Zaccaria Pinball

/-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Joyrider3774/Zaccaria Pinball official filenames/Database

I think overwriting the one in /-PinballX-/Databases/Zaccaria would probably be best as a neutral reference going forward, but just a suggestion for the supporting folks for this endeavor.

/-PinballX-/Databases/Zaccaria would be a good default location then.

That said, it is probably a good idea for @padpsand others to learn how to modify their xml data files via Notepad++ or other text editing apps so they can initiate their own triage for launching and media naming issues. This is essential.

Thanks @Draco1962! Really appreciate it

i will look tomorrow to ftp and if there are missing xmls,  I will add them as wel 

Scutters and I have it on our 'future' list to add it into DBM as well, but it's hard to create the list dynamically. So it must be static , and as we are IT folks (read 'lazy people') we don't want to update a list every time. 

And it's been on our list for a couple of years already

2 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Zaccaria.xml 74.75 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the support and clear guidelines. Tried several self-made xml's and then all found here but nothing worked. Even tried several Settings Command lines.  I figured that my issue is, for whatever reason my game is not updating to latest version, stuck in 2021 and there is a newer version... Will uninstall Steam and reinstall all again. Thanks again....

12 hours ago, padps said:

Thanks for the support and clear guidelines. Tried several self-made xml's and then all found here but nothing worked. Even tried several Settings Command lines.  I figured that my issue is, for whatever reason my game is not updating to latest version, stuck in 2021 and there is a newer version... Will uninstall Steam and reinstall all again. Thanks again....

I think it is not updated after 2021 anymore,but not sure. 

Start indeed with command line. If that is working, you can add it to pinballx.

Joyrider made a good tutorial with all the command line parameters, so must work !