All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Byuu (AKA Near) lead BSNES coder takes his life

Draco1962

BSNES coder Byuu took his own life over the weekend. A link to an archived article:

How SNES emulators got a few pixels from complete perfection

While I do not emulate the SNES or use this emulator, I have respect for someone trying to emulate as cycle perfect as possible.

Thanks for your contributions to the retro gaming community. RIP Byuu.

Ah man, that hurts! BSNES is the one emulator I would consider a true rival to FPGA or even OG hardware. Some serious talent lost.

I'm reminded of this song...

While I don't know the circumstance of BYUU's death, we've all been under a LOT of pressure the last year and a half! Please remember to take care of yourselves and the ones you love!  Reach out if you need to talk. There are some thoughts that need to be bounced of other people, and they're often the ones you don't feel comfortable voicing. Trust in professionals who know how to tell the difference between normal anxiety and that which originates from chemical imbalance. They can help you develop coping skills and/or provide medication. 

Fighting for your life sometimes involves wrestling with one's own mind. IF that bastard starts talking shit, don't give him your self worth! Gang up and kick his ass!

• Like 1

Agreed. If you consider yourself a friend, be available. Emails, texts or IMs do not take the place of a phone call or in-person interaction. 

My mom's passing occurred 7/13 last year. She passed alone with no family interactions for 5 months due to COVID-19 lockdowns. Suffering from dementia, she could not handle phone or Skype calls. In person contact and interaction was the only way to break through her confusion. This anniversary is a poignant reminder of the importance of family and friends.

If I need to call, I know who will answer, who will return the call if they cannot, and who will not.

Some say I am "old school" and IM is the way of the Millenial. Sorry, but I see too many Millenials succumbing to mental health issues and suicide to agree. Our species needs to have the senses engaged. We need to see, hear, and touch. It's how we bond, show compassion, express love.

• Draco1962 changed the title to Byuu (AKA Near) lead BSNES coder takes his life