All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex arcade version lost configuration for mame and emulators

drummerjake

I'm setting up gameex the arcade version and I had to reset my computer and when it rebooted gameex lost all config setting.  All emulators and mame are blank too.  The set up wizard gives me a error now when I try to use it.  Any help appreciated 

16146521317411797027973216522129.jpg

Hey drummerjake,

Would you post your GameEx.ini, GameEx.UpgradeBackup.ini, and log.txt files? They can be found in GameEx > LOG and GameEx > CONFIG.

I will load your GameEx.ini on my own setup to see if the error occurs. That will tell me if it is your GameEx install or the config file. If it is the config file, perhaps I can find the error.

What conditions preceded rebooting the computer?  Did it hang while you were in setup wizard or was everything working normally and you just rebooted for an unrelated reason?

Is regular GameEx still working as expected?

Sometimes the installation will get corrupted or otherwise unusable, you might try just running the GameEx Arcade Edition installer again and seeing if that resolves things.  The upgrades work this way, just a over the top installation of whats already present.

Sadly, that GameEx.ini is unusable. It looks like it was truncated at line 43. The rest is just...missing.

And, unfortunately, the GameEx.UpgradeBackup.ini did not help. This file acts as a backup when GameEx autoupdates...but it looks like that has not happened for this install.

Sorry to say that you will have to start over. I suggest uninstalling GameEx making sure to delete any leftover files from the folder. Then reinstall.

This sort of thing does happen, but pretty rarely, usually due to a program crash, loss of power at a bad time, etc. I tend to make backups of the GameEx.ini every so often just to be safe even though it has never happened to me.

Ok thanks.  

What I was doing when I reset my computer was, I was trying to figure out how to get ps2 logos to show up on gameex.  My ps1 and n64 rom were automatically downloading but ps2 wasn't.  So in the folder were gameex stores the downloaded artwork I made a ps2 folder and in that folder I made a LOGO folder downloaded the ps2 logos from emumovies and put it in there.  It wasnt showing up so I reset my computer to see if it would help.  Another issue I had was my xarcade game stick had a short on the cable for the usb power and I have to wiggle the cable now and then to get it to come on.