All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Spinning Ball Animated Wheel Images

scutters

I was hoping the extra overlay would position the image selected at the bottom of the wheel as you had in the colored Visual Pinball example you provided when you implemented the new features, hence why I tried it - So if that is not an available feature.. I am requesting it!

You know if you put a red button somewhere I am going to push it...

I  AM GROOT!

15 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

I was hoping the extra overlay would position the image selected at the bottom of the wheel as you had in the colored Visual Pinball example you provided when you implemented the new features, hence why I tried it - So if that is not an available feature.. I am requesting it!

You know if you put a red button somewhere I am going to push it...

I  AM GROOT!

Did you used the correct form/thread for feature requests ???:D:P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

Some people are never happy! I'll see what i can do..

• Haha 2

Here you go Draco, another version;

For full control of the extra overlay position and scale then you need to edit and square it as before, but new options allow for some basic positioning - but no auto scaling other than scaling down if height or width is > 1000 (smaller images are not scaled up so the 'auto' position options will work better for them). 

Internally in the app it will be using 1000*1000 image dimensions when applying the overlay (resizing for final output later), so you can work out the relative sizes of overlay images in the final output from that if smaller than 1000*1000

Edited by scutters
attachment removed - update released
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Answered my own question. The MAME logo is less than 1000px in width so it was truer to size.

Yep, you worked it out. That's what i was trying to describe with notes about 1000*1000 stuff, if the overlay used is 500px width it will appear as using half the width of the final output image whatever res that is.

Think you might need to pad the 1941 image a bit so it doesn't look like 41194 when animated though! :lol:

I'll try and get the updated version and notes posted properly tomorrow, as there's no more requests - is there?!

1 hour ago, scutters said:

I'll try and get the updated version and notes posted properly tomorrow, as there's no more requests - is there?!

Oh, I won't promise anything.. LOL!

Yeah, there are quite a few that the image goes right to the border and need a few pixels padding to separate heads from tails... another enhancement? :lol:

There's probably a way to bulk import the logo files centered into a set width transparency to do that either with ImageMagick or GIMP.

V1.3 posted and download notes updated.

@Draco1962 i also took pity on you (or just predicted your next request!), i've also added an 'auto pad' option which can add a minimum transparent border to the image being processed (if the image already has one then it won't do anything). Should help with heads and tails separation in the animations.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

How difficult would it be for me to replace the Tarcisio frames and glassy overlays with my own images? If so, are there any size or border limitations to allow for the image rotation? I have the black circle frames I would like to try instead as seen here:

I did some tinkering and replaced the TarcisioOver.png file with a resized version of the Black Circle frame... I think it turned out well!

Adult_Black_Frame.gif

I like the Tarcisio frame, but will be working on some GameEx as well as PinballX animated spinning logo files that are more in keeping with a few themes I have in mind for the future and the black circle frame fits them better.

FEATURE SUGGESTION: Would it be possible to add a generic option for User overlays other than Tarcisio?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I did some tinkering and replaced the TarcisioOver.png file with a resized version of the Black Circle frame... I think it turned out well!

Well done @Draco1962 you have achieved advanced user status! Yep, you can just change the images in the Resources folder to whatever you like.

20 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

FEATURE SUGGESTION: Would it be possible to add a generic option for User overlays other than Tarcisio?

I'll bear it in mind, but now you've figured out the above it won't be high priority ;)

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Applications now updated to V1.3.2 on download page.

** Highly recommend to anyone using these apps to update to the latest version for improved compression and playback of animations **

image.png.903e5c51fe872eb9e353882f7223e844.png

BoozeBats font with text to spinball :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And it's not just for PinballX! Thanks @scuttersfor continuing your work on this and helping to get things working for .apng creation of system logo files using this fine app! 

I had to substitute the Tarcisio image for another but it works a treat! Some examples:

DAPHNE.png

Adult.png

Live.png

Favorites.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quick example system wheel for FX3..

Starting off with square image that is tile'able (to ensure that the rotation doesn't have gaps). e.g. ;

image.thumb.png.7c07c2858f47154e05dbb2466ddd645f.png

Will produce;

image.png.93755cd1c2f20a599334eb8fd6de6396.png

And if you want to change the rotation direction, flip the source image and then change the rotation angle in the app to 180deg. i.e.;

image.thumb.png.2affe1e402739e02a707055e35de6db6.png                      image.png.401d477cf2bc6f0d05e6b5c850012a2c.png

To give;

image.png.d35ec1abf7883b422f07732ec4d0d3ec.png 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Nice ones @Draco1962

I really dont have any photoshop or any other graphical skills, but like your frames. Are you willing to share them (and do you also have gold?)

I'm in progress to update all my wheels to Tarcisio style images

I use GIMP (free poor man's Photo Shop) and simply colorized and adjusted the hue, saturation, etc. to my liking. 

I saved each according to name and color in the resource folder and renamed to the default Tarcisio filename used by the app. 

FEATURE REQUEST - create a Select button to select a frame or no frame from the Spinball GUI instead of having to rename files. Oh, here is the original request :

I can share the files I use to a PSD (Photo Shop layered file) and also XCF (GIMP's equivalent) in addition to the individual files later today.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I use GIMP (free poor man's Photo Shop) and simply colorized and adjusted the hue, saturation, etc. to my liking. 

@Mike_da_Spike if you use paint.net (free like gimp) i recommend the Color Tint plugin from Ed Harvey, you should be able to tint the colours of the Tarcisio wheel however you want pretty easily. Just another option ;)

7 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I saved each according to name and color in the resource folder and renamed to the default Tarcisio filename used by the app. 

FEATURE REQUEST - create a Select button to select a frame or no frame from the Spinball GUI instead of having to rename files. Oh, here is the original request :

Hmm.. i know you want it, but i do have a couple of concerns (mainly for the lesser users!) as it'd make the GUI even busier and if the frame layer is incorrectly sized or centred it could really mess up things in the produced images. But i will think about it as possible future feature..

34 minutes ago, scutters said:

@Mike_da_Spike if you use paint.net (free like gimp) i recommend the Color Tint plugin from Ed Harvey, you should be able to tint the colours of the Tarcisio wheel however you want pretty easily. Just another option ;)

Hmm.. i know you want it, but i do have a couple of concerns (mainly for the lesser users!) as it'd make the GUI even busier and if the frame layer is incorrectly sized or centred it could really mess up things in the produced images. But i will think about it as possible future feature..

If the parameters are established you should have minimal issues. No matter what, you will always have someone that will find a way to muck it up with their incessant tinkering.. sound like anyone you know? :P

Oh, and that blinky button o'death.. can't forget that!

@Mike_da_Spikehere are the individual PNGs with the alternate colors and frame types:

image.png

image.png

image.png

The Brass on the bottom is just a duller Gold.  Also including the Black Circle and MegaDocklet frames. To use any of them, rename the original TarcisioOver.png file to preserve it and rename the frame you want to use to TarcisioOver.png.

image.png

image.png

And here is the an example using the MegaDocklet style should anyone that is using one of the existing MegaDocklet collections want to create their own Spinball versions:

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Updated to V1.4

New feature allows the placing of the animation on a larger background image (can be transparent) by x,y co-ordinates, useful for system underlays, overlays etc.

E.g. (on top of non transparent image for clarity)

image.thumb.gif.3c1a9497f025ad44f14c010984d4f667.gif

• Like 2