All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

using i-pac 2 and pandora gbox-ex2

Malakabator

hey guys, I'm new to the DIY arcade life. i built a full size cabinet with my son.  It came with a i-pac 2 controller and i purchased a Pandora Gbox-ex2 thinking i can just plug the usb into it and all will work.  Well it doesn't.  has anyone tried this that can give me pointers. Its already wired with the i-pac 2, i can copy the files from the Pandora just don't know where to go from there.  Thanks in advance.

I take it you are not using an emulation frontend with the Pandora Gbox-ex2 .

You may get better traction contacting the seller of the cartridge or product support site as we are dedicated to supporting the GameEx, PinballX, and Touch-Play emulation frontends.

Moving this to a more appropriate subforum in the event someone is familiar and can give pointers.

Not being a JAMMA expert I'm at a bit of a disadvantage commenting here, but you do realize that JAMMA is a standardized interface that was designed to make quick work of switching out games in a JAMMA cabinet just by swapping out the PCB?  If your cabinet had a JAMMA interface, harness then all you would do is plug it into the PCB.

Due to this I don't see how the i-pac would ever function in this environment.  The i-pac is a keyboard emulator that still may work with something like this particular PCB via one of the USB ports, but even so it has to be programmed.  My i-pac was part of a custom joystick build I ordered, and arrived pre-configured due to this.  I would venture to guess that yours simply hasn't been configured.

https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac2/?selected_section=product_tab_25#product_tab_25